Supporting the Chief Financial Officer and Chief Information Officer, key accountabilities of this position include:
- Processes and prioritizes in-coming mail, ensuring confidentiality is maintained, when dealing with service provider, shared service partner, client, or other information.
- Schedules, arranges and prepares for meetings, conferences and training sessions, which may include booking and setting up facilities, equipment (including OTN) and services, and ordering refreshments.
- Prepares for, attends, and records minutes of meetings as requested, including the preparation and distribution of agendas, minutes and other meeting materials.
- Makes travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Creates and maintains efficient filing systems (paper and/or electronic) in accordance with the needs of the departments.
- Updates and maintains relevant sites on SharePoint.
- Researches, develops and drafts letters, memos, reports and presentations utilizing a variety of methods (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.).
- Generates charts and graphs for routine reporting (frequently for inclusion in reports and presentations); drafts routine quality and risk reports.
- Acts as a liaison with other teams by relaying instructions and information and following commitments through to completion.
- Interacts and communicates with a strong degree of judgment and discretion.
- Manages and monitors a variety of information impacting the CIO/CFO responsibilities.
- Identifies and discusses non-routine items with CIO/CFO to discuss action required and relays instructions to appropriate area.
- Identifies contentious issues which arise, ensuring CIO/CFO is informed.
- Gathers background information to respond to enquiries from internal and external sources including clients.
- Acts as a liaison for visitors and staff on behalf of the CIO/CFO.
- Receives phone calls from a variety of internal and external sources, handling routine matters on own initiative and referring others to CIO/CFO or appropriate business area. May use a decision template as well to handle items of intermediate complexity.
- Liaises with other Executive Assistants and Chief Executive Officer's office as appropriate to resolve administrative problems and ensure the smooth running of the department.
- Provides back-up support as required.
Your qualifications and experience will include:
- Completion of a post-secondary office administration/administrative assistant diploma or equivalent education is required.
- Five (5) years of progressive administrative experience, preferably at a senior management level.
- Experience in healthcare environment, particularly a CCAC, an asset.
- Advanced knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio etc) with ability to learn new applications (e.g., Minitab, Chartrunner).
- Accurate keyboarding skills with a minimum 45 wpm; knowledge of complex, executive level document preparation including proof reading for accuracy.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders which includes respecting and valuing others, active listening and facilitating healthy relationships.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with a sound knowledge of the English language, spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Accurately record minutes of meetings.
- Ability to work in a busy, complex environment and handle concurrent tasks.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent customer relation skills.
- Proficiency in French is an asset.
Outstanding care – every person, every day.
To deliver a seamless experience through the health system for people in our diverse communities, providing equitable access, individualized care coordination and quality health care.
We believe in honest and ethical behaviour.
We make our clients our first priority.
We accept responsibility for our actions and outcomes.
We treat ourselves and others with dignity and understanding.
We are committed to the delivery of high quality service through education and the application of best practice.
This position is temporary full-time available until September 30, 2017. The salary range is $26.08 to $28.37per hour (35 hours per week) plus 6% in lieu of vacation.
To apply to this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Executive Assistant" in the subject line by November 4, 2016.
NSM CCAC is governed by the requirements of the French Language Services Act and therefore encourages applications from French speaking candidates.
NSM CCAC is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have any special requirements during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
We thank all applicants who take the time to apply; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
As part of the mandatory screen process NSM CCAC requires professional references, verification of academic training, professional accreditation, plus a current Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening (if applicable).