Reporting to the Manager of Finance, this temporary full-time position is responsible for performing a variety of daily and monthly functions within the financial department of the NSM CCAC.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Performs accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger and payroll functions as required.
- Assists with and coordinate daily and monthly financial activities to achieve timely and accurate reporting.
- Prepares and enters daily and monthly journal entries into the general ledger.
- Performs general ledger account reconciliations.
- Completes monthly bank reconciliations.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly financial statements for review.
- Assists in the completion of year end activities including preparation with the external audit working papers file
- Ensures compliance with provincial and federal tax regulations.
- Assists with Ministry reporting requirements both financial and statistical.
- Generates reports as required
- Reviews month and year end reporting for accuracy and consistency.
- Assists with payroll activities as required.
- Works with multiple agencies.
- Records accounts receivable and track cash receipts.
- All employees are accountable to follow safe practices related to the security and privacy of information.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your qualifications and experience will include:
- Post secondary diploma in business, accounting, and/or finance is required.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) as asset
- 2-3 years general accounting experience in a computerized setting required.
- Knowledge of financial/accounting processes, with the ability to think analytically.
- Experience in a health care environment preferred.
- Effective communication skills, oral and written required.
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP required.
- Experience with accounting software packages requiring using Great Plains and Quadrant considered an asset.
- In depth knowledge of financial / accounting processes, with the ability to think analytically.
- Advanced computer skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel (including spreadsheet creation, manipulation), Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload effectively to meet deadlines and demands in the presence of frequent interruptions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders which includes respecting and valuing others, active listening and facilitating healthy relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in problem solving, organization, multitasking, time management and troubleshooting.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in everyday language, using a variety of communications tools.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team.
- Proficiency in French is an asset.
Outstanding care – every person, every day.
To deliver a seamless experience through the health system for people in our diverse communities, providing equitable access, individualized care coordination and quality health care.
We believe in honest and ethical behaviour.
We make our clients our first priority.
We accept responsibility for our actions and outcomes.
We treat ourselves and others with dignity and understanding.
We are committed to the delivery of high quality service through education and the application of best practice.
This is a temporary full-time position from May 2, 2016 to June 2, 2017.
To apply for this position, state the position's job title in the subject line of your email and send with your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 22, 2016.
NSM CCAC is governed by the requirements of the French Language Services Act and therefore encourages applications from French speaking candidates.
NSM CCAC is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have any special requirements during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
We thank all applicants who take the time to apply; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
As part of the mandatory screen process NSM CCAC requires professional references, verification of academic training, professional accreditation, plus a current Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening (if applicable).