North Simcoe Muskoka Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) is one of 14 CCACs across Ontario, providing a single point of access to health and personal support serviced to help people live independently in their homes or to facilitate their transition into a Long-Term Care Home. The CCAC plans, coordinates and ensures the delivery of a full-range of in-home and community-based services to support clients and their caregivers. The CCAC also provides clients with information and connects clients to alternate sources of care in the community.
Posting Number: 15-01
Job Title: Help Desk Analyst
Status: Temporary Full-time
Office Location: Barrie
The Help Desk Analyst is accountable to the Manager, Information Technology and Infrastructure for the support and maintenance of Information Technology systems, both hardware and software, and will participate in the successful delivery of IT solutions to meet CCAC business needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Maintains, and supports the operation of IT infrastructure and services. This includes (but is not limited to) the following responsibilities:
- Communicate effectively with the IT Team and Management, organizational staff and external partners to ensure appropriate information sharing regarding Change and Project Management activities, ongoing Incident and Problem Management issues, availability of systems and performance impacts and other service request
- Develop and maintain IT documentation including: configurations, operations, guidelines, processes/procedures, knowledge base content and change management documentation, as well reference and training materials for IT Team and/or staff use
- Perform all tasks required for Incident Management, including management of a request queue, provision of in-person or remote support and acting a liaison with internal and external subject matter experts in order to provide first-level support services for hardware, applications, and other technologies in the network environment
- Coordinate activities related to Configuration Management including installing appropriate hardware and/or software, deploying images to workstations, install/move and configure printers and other peripherals, application of patches, updates, etc., to existing systems and participate in large scale deployments and lease replacements of equipment
- Ensure adequate hardware inventory is maintained, configured, and available and maintain accurate Asset Tracking documentation
- Utilize technical skills and techniques to perform hardware and software troubleshooting as well as connectivity issues for a mobile workforce working at various hospital sites, home offices or remotely in the community
- Provide account management to staff for various internal and external systems, as well as to external providers requiring access to an internal system
- Work with IT Team members, emergency response control groups and other internal and external partners and/or technicians in response to critical events
- Participate in IT after-hours on-call rotation and be able to provide emergency support (technical and facility-related) by telephone and/or remote access to CCAC staff
- Occasional travel in North Simcoe and Muskoka areas is required to support staff located throughout various sites
- Post-secondary diploma (2 years) in information technology or related fields Or an equivalent combination of education and experience satisfactory to the CCAC
- Certification in relevant IT service Management courses such as IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) courses (preferred).
- Advanced training and proficiency of MS Office applications.
- Experience with computer hardware
- Experience with Windows-based operating environments, various internet connection configurations and basic network connectivity
- General understanding of various communication tools and technologies
- 1-2 years' experience in a technical support role; previous Help Desk experience is an asset
- Demonstrates experience in client-focused IT Services teams and services
- Advanced computer skills including: client, network, security, and telecommunications
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving, organization, multitasking, time management and troubleshootin
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening) and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in everyday language using a variety of communication methods
- Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders which includes respecting and valuing others, active listening and facilitating healthy relationships
- Demonstrates professional and courteous manner in interpersonal relationships
- Solid understanding of business practices with understanding of project management tasks
- Maintains composure and strong attention to detail in high-pressure situations
- Valid driver's license, insurance and access to a motor vehicle are required
- Hours of work are within 0830 and 2030 hours as scheduled according to the needs of the organization. May include weekends
- Ability to participate in on-call rotation and provide support and assistance during evenings and weekends
- Proficiency in French is an asset
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply by submitting a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements to:
North Simcoe Muskoka Community Care Access Centre
ATT: Human Resources Office
15 Sperling Drive, #100
Barrie, Ontario L4M 6K9
(Include position and vacancy number 15-01 in subject heading)
Please note: At time of hire, a Criminal Record Check will be required.
NSM CCAC thanks all applicants who take the time to apply. However, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.