This position is responsible for the implementation and ongoing coordination of human resources services in the areas of labour/employee relations, performance management, compensation, policy development, attendance awareness, health and safety, disability management, recruitment and selection.
Key accountabilities of this position include:
- Interprets various human resource policies, legislation (OLRA, ESA, OHSA, Pay Equity Act, Human Rights, etc.) and collective agreements and provides timely counsel, advice and recommendations to management staff.
- Supports labour/employee relations by researching issues, drafting materials, problem-solving, and sits on committees as the HR Generalist to resolve issues.
- Conducts workplace investigations.
- Maintains documentation for grievances and leads grievance meetings as requested.
- Primary point of contact for Employee Group leaders to respond to questions on Collective Agreement provisions and policy administration related to human resources issues.
- Prepares seniority lists and post according to the collective agreement.
- Supports the bargaining process by providing input and insight, taking notes, and researching issues as required.
- Maintains lists of items to address at the next round of bargaining.
- Excellent understanding of both collective agreements (OPSEU/ONA.)
- Interprets scheduling language from the collective agreement to staff and managers, and assist with scheduling issues as required.
- Ensures workplace legislation is adhered for respective employee groups.
- Provides reports related to Labour/employee relations.
Recruitment and Selection
- Coordinates and participates in recruitment and selection processes including recruitment plan, job postings,interview process, arranging and creating questions, letters of employment and accommodation requests.
- Completes reference checks.
- Verifies data such as registrations and references and police records checks.
- Makes recommendations on hiring process.
Attendance Awareness/Disability Management
- Works with managers and employees/union with Return to Work program.
- Oversees the Attendance Awareness Program.
- Administers WSIB claims.
- Summerizes attendance issues for legal counsel and for meetings/decision process.
- Tracks planned/unplanned absences monthly.
- Interpretation of collective agreements provisions related to compensation, benefits, pension and salary.
- Conducts Job evaluation process.
- Develops job descriptions by working with managers to update and revise job descriptions.
- Create new job descriptions and ensure approval process is followed.
Health and Safety
- Lead for occupational health, safety and wellness initiatives.
- Maintains and follow up on Employee Incident reports.
- Submits reports to the WSIB as required.
- Maintains claim files and initiates follow up
- Monitors the accident cost statement.
- Administers WSIB process, ensuring compliance with legistlative requirements
- Health and safety orientation.
- Representative on the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Chair workplace wellness committee.
- Completes ergonomic assessments.
- Return to work program lead.
- Completes and organizes workplace inspections.
- Assists with mask fit testing.
Human Resources Planning
- Coordinates or handles special projects as required.
- Develops responses to requests for information on specific CCAC-wide issues (Surveys).
- Guides internal HR committees regarding matters such as health and safety, job evaluation and workplace wellness.
- Provides input into HR Strategic Plan and HR annual work plan.
- Assists in special events as required.
Your qualifications and experience will include:
- Degree in human resources, industrial relations, business administration, or related discipline from a recognized university.
- CHRL designation an asset.
- Three to five years progressive experience in human resources advisory role and in a unionized environment.
- Knowledge of human resource practices, theories, trends and legislation in order to provide professional guidance, interpret legislative requirements, and monitor HR related activities.
- Knowledge and understanding of labour relations and union contract administration.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills (negotiation, relationship building, presentation, conflict resolution)
- Demonstrated written communication skills to draft clear and concise correspondence, collective agreement language, and formal reports
- Creativity, mathematical and analytical skills to interpret data, identify trends, and develop recommendations
- Demonstrated proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and database software, including computerized HRIS.
- Proficiency in French is an asset.
- Valid driver's license, insurance and access to a motor vehicle are required.
Outstanding care – every person, every day.
To deliver a seamless experience through the health system for people in our diverse communities, providing equitable access, individualized care coordination and quality health care.
We believe in honest and ethical behaviour.
We make our clients our first priority.
We accept responsibility for our actions and outcomes.
We treat ourselves and others with dignity and understanding.
We are committed to the delivery of high quality service through education and the application of best practice.
To apply for this position, state the position's job title in the subject line of your email and send with your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NSM CCAC is governed by the requirements of the French Language Services Act and therefore encourages applications from French speaking candidates.
NSM CCAC is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have any special requirements during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
We thank all applicants who take the time to apply; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
As part of the mandatory screen process NSM CCAC requires professional references, verification of academic training, professional accreditation, plus a current Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening (if applicable).