As a member of the Information and Technology team, reporting to the Director of Strategic Technology, the Manager, Information Technology and Infrastructure, is responsible for providing effective Information Technology (IT) and Infrastructure Services that meet NSM CCAC business needs as well as Shared Services to external partners. Responsibilities include overseeing NSM CCAC information systems, reporting environments, projects and initiatives, Shared Service support, facilities management and providing leadership and support to IT and Infrastructure staff.
Duties and responsibilities include:
Planning, Development, and Business Support
- Create departmental work plans in collaboration with the Director, Strategic Technology
- Ensure that Departmental and Organizational Operational Objectives are met within deadlines.
- Ensure that the needs of NSM CCAC staff are met related to support for day-to-day operations and work with internal customers and staff to address support related concerns.
- Support and promote new initiatives within the organization.
- Develop projects and budget proposals.
- Support the development of Policies and Procedures.
- Provide support and coverage for internal and external working Groups and Committees as required.
- Coordinate team schedules to ensure adequate triage and general coverage and approve requests for leave appropriately.
- Ensure new team members are oriented to the work required.
- Ensure adequate documentation of team procedures and processes exists.
- Maintain an IT Service Catalogue for NSM CCAC operations and monitor and report on IT Service Level performance.
- Maintain and monitor an IT Change Management system.
- In conjunction with the Director, Strategic Technology, reviews requests for changes/implementations for upgrades or improvements from the Senior Systems Analyst.
- Prepare and manage the IT and Infrastructure budget.
- Ensure that spending is tracked against budget and recommend action to resolve variance.
- Prepare business cases for technology change with a focus on balancing total cost of operations and meeting the needs of our customers.
- Work within budgeted allowances and coordinate with Director, Strategic Technology, for major or unforeseen expenditures.
Purchasing and Contract Management
- Ensure adequate licensing requirements are maintained.
- Approve/process required purchases to maintain sufficient inventory.
- Approve/process invoicing for hardware, software and other various products and services according to approval policy.
- Maintain documentation related to contractual commitments and work within procurement requirements.
- Participate in the evaluation of contract compliance and quality management of contracts.
- Manage and supervise the IT team.
- Maintain a professional development plan in cooperation with team members.
- Develops support and evaluate the performance of subordinate staff.
- Assign work and projects, monitors and adjusts workloads as required.
- Participate in the recruitment, selection and hiring of staff, as required.
- Approve/process all scheduling, expenses and reimbursement related to payroll.
- Ensure compliance to human resources policies and other mandatory educational requirements.
- Promote a positive working environment for all team members.
- Promote an environment supporting continuous development and improvement.
- Promote and identify factors that support a safe workplace.
- Participate and/or provide leadership to internal NSM CCAC, provincial, or regional committees and working groups.
- Provide backup support in the absence of the Manager, Business Intelligence.
- Participation in an on-call rotation for exceptional circumstances.
- Ensure that the needs of external partners are met.
- Provide regular Service Delivery reporting statistics to external partners.
- Act as escalation point for any support concerns or new initiatives.
- Ensure the installation, maintenance, servicing and repair of all equipment, buildings and grounds as necessary for the continuity of NSM CCAC's business operations.
- All employees are accountable to follow safe practices related to the security and privacy of information.
Your qualifications and experience include:
- Four year University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience satisfactory to the NSM CCAC
- Certification in relevant IT service Management courses such as IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) (preferred).
- Five years in computing and networking technologies including Windows Servers and BackOffice technology, LAN/WAN and Internet environments, and the design, configuration, implementation, and operation of a variety of networks and computer equipment.
- Three years experience in an IT leadership role.
- Demonstrates leadership, motivational and team-building skills.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening) and presentation skills.
- Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders which includes respecting and valuing others, active listening and facilitating healthy relationships.
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates group facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective change manager.
To apply for this position, state the position's job title, IT Manager, in the subject line of your email and send with your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2015.
NSM Community Care Access Centre is governed by the requirements of the French Language Services Act and therefore encourages applications from French speaking candidates. NSM CCAC is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have any special requirements during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
We thank all applicants who take the time to apply; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.