The North Simcoe Muskoka Community Care Access Centre is a member of the South Georgian Bay Health Link – a group of collaborative health care partners coming together to improve patient care. In partnership with the Georgian Bay Family Health Team (GB FHT) we are working together to hire Nurse Practitioners in the Collingwood area to strengthen care delivery across South Georgian Bay.
You will work in collaboration with the family physicians and the interdisciplinary team to provide timely, effective and appropriate intervention for patients. You will utilize your advanced knowledge and decision-making skills in assessment, diagnosis, and health care management, thus providing comprehensive health services to patients who include; the patient throughout his or her lifespan, the patient's family and the community with a strong emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention. You will contribute to the quality of patient care through advanced practice, education, research and consultation.
- Completion of a recognized Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Program (RN (EC)).
- Baccalaureate in Nursing – Masters preferred.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse in the Extended Class (RN (EC)) with the Ontario College of Nurses.
- Current Ontario Drivers' License.
- Demonstrated experience in a Community and/or Primary Care Setting.
- Demonstrated experience in the area of chronic disease management and prevention.
- Two years' experience in a primary health care setting preferred.
What we can offer you!
- Group benefits including medical, dental, life insurance.
- Flexible hours
- Professional development
- Pension plan
- Office located in beautiful Collingwood
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and dedicated team of professionals, we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume by February 14, 2014 via email@example.com.