As an integral member of this interdisciplinary team, you will provide direct care to complex palliative clients and provide care connections across health care sectors for our clients in the community. Working collaboratively across the health care system, the Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner will provide expert clinical leadership to support seamless, integrated care delivery.
You will also be involved in all domains of advanced practice nursing, including mentoring and coaching case managers, service providers, nursing and physician colleagues, as well as participate in educational initiatives to advance evidence-based practices in palliative care. This position is located in the Muskoka area of our region.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario in the Extended Class
- Nurse Practitioner Program with BScN
- Demonstrated experience in Palliative Care Nursing, preferably in a community setting
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge in consultation and ethical decision-making
- Demonstrated use of theory and evidence to advance clinical practice and outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to communicate with clients' and families
- Strong planning and leadership skills
- Must have valid driver's license and access to a vehicle
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply by submitting a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, to:
North Simcoe Muskoka Community Care Access Centre
ATT: Human Resources Office
15 Sperling Drive, #100
Barrie, Ontario L4M 6K9
(Include position and vacancy number ONA 15-76 in subject heading)
Please note: At time of hire, a Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check will be required.
NSM CCAC is governed by the requirements of the French Language Services Act and therefore encourages applications from French speaking candidates.
NSM CCAC is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.
NSM CCAC thanks all applicants who take the time to apply. However, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.