Reporting directly to the Director Human Resources and Labour Relations, the Payroll and Scheduling Clerk is responsible for building schedules and data entry into Quadrant HR for all Client Services Teams. This position also supports the Payroll Administator.
- On a daily basis retrieves calls from the internal absence line, forwards the messages as required to the necessary departments, and prepares the scheduling exceptions form for manager approval.
- Inputs into Quadrant scheduling module all approved scheduling exception forms.
- Maintains the appropriate rollout of Quadrant schedules.
- Changes and modifies scheduling templates as required.
- Exports and posts team schedules in accordance with the Collective Agreements.
- Confirms scheduling exceptions and hours of work with employees and manager as required.
- Replace necessary shifts using tools in Quadrant with appropriate manager assistance as required, locating and calling in staff in accordance with applicable collective agreement provisions taking into consideration employee skill sets and team needs.
- Attends to requests for relief coverage.
- Update and maintain staff schedules and related information.
- Provides support and coverage for the Payroll Administrator as required.
- Performs other related duties to facilitate the provision of scheduling tasks as required in accordance with the NSM CCAC's goals and objectives.
- Identify and escalate potential risk situations that involves staff scheduling to the Director of Human Resources.
- Completion of college (accounting, bookkeeping or payroll administration) is required.
- Working towards payroll certification is preferred.
- Two years years related experience preferred.
- Familiarity with fully intergrated HRIS systems (Scheduling, HR and Payroll)
- Knowledge of Quadrant HR database and Scheduling is preferred.
- Previous experience with collective agreement(s) entitlements as well as related legislation such as Employment Standards Act.
- Thorough knowledge of confidentiality/privacy issues.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills.
- Demonstrated excellent communication, listening and telephone manner skills.
- Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders which includes respecting and valuing others, active listening and facilitating healthy relationships.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical, problem solving, decision making and organizational skills to meet deadlines and solve problems.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Outlook, Intranet) in a Windows environment is required.
- Accurate keyboarding skills with a minimum 45 wpm.
- Ability to organize daily workload in the presence of frequent interruptions, multiple demands and deadlines.
- Demonstrated team cooperation and collaboration.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Flexibility to work days/hours based on the needs of the scheduling role.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgment, discretion and accountability in all aspects of the role, particularly dealing with scheduling matters when interacting with colleagues and management.
- Proficiency in French is an asset.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and dedicated team of professionals, we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume by March 16, 2014 via firstname.lastname@example.org.