Reporting to the Director, Quality & Risk, this individual will work with internal and external stakeholders to identify, monitor, trend and report on key areas related to client safety, quality and risk. This position supports an integrated approach to client safety, quality, risk and organizational performance management.
This is a temporary full-time position to cover a maternity leave to start November 16, 2015 until approximately December 30, 2016.
Duties and responsibilities include:
Contributes to an integrated approach to client safety, quality, risk and organizational performance management:
- Supports the annual development of the Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) and prepares routine reports (e.g., quarterly) on the status of identified improvements
- Supports the conduct of risk identification, risk assessment workshops and risk reporting
- Monitors the reporting of risk events in the event tracking and management system, identifies areas for improvement in risk reporting, maintains and updates event management tools and resources and provides feedback and education to staff as appropriate;
- Supports the development and implementation of an internal audit framework including executing on identified components of the framework
- Coordinates the local execution of provincial surveys and leads the development, implementation and analysis of local specialty surveys
- Utilizes best practices in analyzing, synthesizing and trending reported risk events, client complaints, client surveys and other sources of performance data/information, as available
- Works closely with the Business Intelligence team, analyzes data and prepares ad-hoc quality and risk related reports
- Provides support, as required, to the development and reporting of key client safety, quality and risk indicators.
Assists with quality improvement projects and activities by:
- determining sampling methods, data collection processes and instruments
- Designing questionnaires and surveys
- Conducting and monitoring data collection procedures
- Developing and maintaining data bases
- Analyzing, interpreting and summarizing qualitative and quantitative data, and;
Other duties as assigned.
Your qualifications and experience will include:
- Completion of a relevant undergraduate degree or diploma from a recognized college or university requiring 3 years of study
- Continuing education in the areas of quality improvement, research analysis and/or risk management is an asset
- At least three years experience in a role supporting client safety, quality, risk and/or performance management in a health care setting, preferably in the community
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Proficient in the use of audience response software and risk reporting tools
- Demonstrated ability to apply qualitative and quantitative statistical methods to the analysis and synthesis of organizational quality, risk and performance data/information
- Experience producing organizational performance reports
- Strong critical thinking skills – able to analyze and synthesize large volumes of information
- Excellent organizational, project management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Proficiency in French is an asset.
To apply for this position, state the position's job title in the subject line of your email and send with your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 30, 2015.
NSM Community Care Access Centre is governed by the requirements of the French Language Services Act and therefore encourages applications from French speaking candidates.
NSM CCAC is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have any special requirements during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
We thank all applicants who take the time to apply; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.