Working as part of the team, the RPN will provide information and appropriate referrals to both new callers as well as existing CCAC clients. This position will also provide a point of clinical escalation and determination of eligibility for CCAC services as required. The participation in the planning of care by collaborating with other multidisciplinary professional team members within the established scope of practice is critical.
This position is temporary full-time for approximately one year to cover a leave of absence.
Key accountabilities of this position include:
- Providing information and referral as appropriate to callers of the CCAC.
- Completing the InterRAI Preliminary Screener to facilitate appropriate referrals
- Providing a point of escalation for clinical issues
- Managing caseloads
- Utilizing effective interpersonal/communication skills, demonstrating mutual respect for all clients and community stakeholders.
- Practicing independently and interdependently within the established scope of practice.
- Promoting accessible, equitable services by responding promptly to individual client needs and service/care plans. Promoting and planning for client independence and self-management of chronic and complex issues.
Your qualifications and experience will include:
- Registered Practical Nurse, in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Good knowledge of primary care services and other community resources in the LHIN, as well as the roles of health care professionals.
- Experience working with various health disciplines as well as the public, interagency contact.
- Understanding of the long term care and health care delivery system in the province of Ontario.
- In-depth knowledge of tools, systems and databases used in client service delivery and management.
- Ability to use MS Office applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with a diverse client groups with varying levels of comprehension and language capability.
- Effective communication skills to establish and maintain wide range of contacts with professionals and organizations within the community.
- Team player with the ability to adapt to change and perform efficiently in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proficiency in French, verbal and written, is an asset.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- As per the Ontario Nurses Association (ONA) NSM CCAC Collective Agreement, the salary range is from $26.38 per hour to a maximum of $31.52 per hour, commensurate with experience
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
Outstanding care – every person, every day.
To deliver a seamless experience through the health system for people in our diverse communities, providing equitable access, individualized care coordination and quality health care.
We believe in honest and ethical behaviour.
We make our clients our first priority.
We accept responsibility for our actions and outcomes.
We treat ourselves and others with dignity and understanding.
We are committed to the delivery of high quality service through education and the application of best practice.
To apply for this position, state "RPN-Information and Referral" in the subject line of your email and send with your résumé to email@example.com by March 4, 2016.
Our orientation date will be in mid-April 2016.
NSM Community Care Access Centre is governed by the requirements of the French Language Services Act and therefore encourages applications from French speaking candidates.
NSM CCAC is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have any special requirements during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
We thank all applicants who take the time to apply; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
As part of the mandatory screen process NSM CCAC requires professional references, verification of academic training, professional accreditation, plus a current Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.