We are seeking an individual with strong business and data analysis skills, experience with using and preferably building business intelligence tools, and who is able to foster the growth of a regional decision support initiative that will serve the Home and Community health care sectors in North Simcoe and Muskoka. This unique full-time opportunity located in our Barrie office will offer interesting challenges and will have a marked positive impact on the health care system in our region.
The ideal candidate will possess experience in all of the areas noted below with some experience in the home care or community health care sectors. However, candidates who are very strong in only some of the areas may be considered. All applicants must have a passion for the power of data transformed into metrics and information. They need customer focus and the ability to quickly understand the needs of a variety of partners in order to build trust in the initiative. Strong communication skills and some technical acumen are also essential. Access to a vehicle is required in order to meet with partners throughout the NSM region. Some work will be conducted outside of normal business hours.
Planning and Business Support
- Develop an understanding of partner organization business process and data sets
- Gather business requirements and influence useful metric definitions
- Analyze overall business needs and project-specific information requirements, and define information requirements to meet the need
- Prioritize and manage requirements
- Partner with Project Managers and Business Analysts to validate project-specific functional requirements and gathering any additional technical requirements
- In collaboration with the NSM CCAC Privacy Office, understand the privacy implications of the regional data and products and employ these principles in the design of solutions
- Design and manage the Regional Community Integrated Data Store (IDS) and related business intelligence tools and products
- Develop data models to extend the Community IDS in order to establish metrics and attend to key business reporting areas
- Plan, investigate, analyze and present information in a manner that supports business operations
- Understand the strategic and operational objectives of the NSM LHIN, CCAC, and participating health care providers, and align project plans and activities with those objectives
- Provide data, analysis, and information to partners in support of business and strategic planning including the development of graphical products and meaningful narrative
- Ensure documentation of the Community IDS is complete including identified limitations of partner data sets
- Participate in the development of the BI solutions in collaboration with other team members including the design of ETL packages, cubes, standard reports, dashboards, portals
- Utilize methods to develop with a "Privacy by Design" philosophy
- Manage the development and maintenance of the Community IDS for the Regional Decision Support project, along with supporting documentation
- Identify to management the need to adjust team workload or departmental priorities to ensure key objectives of regional decision support are met
- Support the principles of security and privacy within the team and with partners
- Participate and/or provide leadership to NSM LHIN, CCAC, provincial, or regional committees and working groups as needed
- Foster strong relationships and communication strategies with partners to ensure the purpose, goals, and products of the regional decision support group are well understood and also to elicit support for the continued development of regional integrated data
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply by submitting a cover letter (with vacancy number 14-11), along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements to:
North Simcoe Muskoka Community Care Access Centre
ATT: Human Resources Office
15 Sperling Drive, #100
Barrie, Ontario L4M 6K9
(Include position and vacancy number in subject heading)
Please note: At time of hire, a Criminal Record Check will be required.
NSM CCAC thanks all applicants who take the time to apply. However, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.