Working within a prescribed mandate, the Registered Practical Nurse, Health Care Connect, will be responsible to assist clients to navigate through a complex health care system by connecting people to an appropriate health care provider along with managing waitlists.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with a diverse client groups with varying levels of comprehension and language capability.
- Effective communication skills to establish and maintain wide range of contacts with professionals and organizations within the community.
- Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders which includes respecting and valuing others, active listening and facilitating healthy relationships.
- Strong collaboration skills to participate on projects and committees with colleagues across the CCAC and with local community agencies and health professionals.
- Effective listening and strong facilitation skills are necessary to work with clients and primary care providers in order to ensure best possible attachment is provided to the client.
- Ability to communicate using various software programs to clearly articulate clients' status and service needs.
- Ability to deliver information effectively in a variety of settings including one-on-one, team meetings, and presentations.
- Embraces client centred philosophy of care and embody excellent customer service practices.
- Team player with the ability to adapt to change and perform efficiently in a fast-paced work environment.
- Motivation to continue learning as practices and systems change and evolve.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, open and participatory environment where leadership is shared and decisions are jointly made.
- Ability to advocate for both client and partner needs.
- Proficient in the use of computerized processes including the use of mobile (lap top) technology.
- Ability to wear a protective mask as required.
Education & Experience
- Registered Practical Nurse, in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Good knowledge of primary care services and other community resources in the LHIN, as well as the roles of health care professionals.
- Experience working with various health disciplines as well as the public, interagency contact.
- Understanding of the long term care and health care delivery system in the province of Ontario.
- In-depth knowledge of tools, systems and databases used in client service delivery and management.
- Ability to use MS Office applications.
- Proficiency in French, verbal and written, is an asset.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary range: $26.75 to $31.96 per hour, commensurate with experience
- 35 hours per week/1820 hours per year
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Ontario Nurses Association
- Generous benefits and vacation package
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this full-time opportunity and joining a dynamic and dedicated team of professionals, we encourage you to submit a cover letter, indicating vacancy number 15-44, in the subject line, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements by May 15, 2015, to: email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note: At time of hire, a Criminal Record Check will be required.
NSM CCAC is governed by the requirements of the French Language Services Act and therefore encourages applications from French speaking candidates.
NSM CCAC is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.