Working within a prescribed mandate of the Health Care Connect Program, the Registered Practical Nurse will be responsible to assist clients to navigate through a complex health care system by connecting people to an appropriate health care provider along with managing waitlists.
This position is temporary full-time for approximately one year to cover a leave of absence.
Key accountabilities of this position include:
- Works collaboratively with clients and others in their support network to gather information to make a successful connection with an appropriate family health care provider based on the clients' care needs.
- Maintains contact with clients on the LHIN priority list to keep them informed about prospects for attachment.
- Works with clients to help them understand and manage their short and long term health care goals.
- Provides information about the Unattached Patients Program, client rights and responsibilities and the family health care services available.
- Provides information and referral assistance to clients to access alternative community resources (walk-in clinics, after-hours clinics, urgent care centres, etc).
- Supports clients who face a longer wait time in continuing their efforts to find an appropriate provider during the attachment process.
- Obtains consent for the gathering and sharing of client information acquired through the attachment process.
- Evaluates clients' satisfaction to identify opportunities for improvement as well as trends (e.g. identify geographical areas experiencing the greatest access problems).
- Collects personal basic information to identify and verify client program eligibility under the Cataract Wait Time Guarantee.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with the LHIN, local agencies (hospitals, family health teams), primary health care professionals, and other appropriate agencies to build and maintain an inventory of primary health care professionals willing and able to accept new clients.
- Represents the CCAC on multi-disciplinary committees and community working groups.
- Participates in events to promote CCAC objectives, activities, programs and services.
- Shares knowledge, requests information and collaborates with superiors and colleagues to deliver effective and efficient client service delivery.
Your qualifications and experience will include:
- Registered Practical Nurse, in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Good knowledge of primary care services and other community resources in the LHIN, as well as the roles of health care professionals.
- Experience working with various health disciplines as well as the public, interagency contact.
- Understanding of the long term care and health care delivery system in the province of Ontario.
- In-depth knowledge of tools, systems and databases used in client service delivery and management.
- Ability to use MS Office applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with a diverse client groups with varying levels of comprehension and language capability.
- Effective communication skills to establish and maintain wide range of contacts with professionals and organizations within the community.
- As the front line facilitator to family health care providers, this position is required to resolve issues regarding the appropriate attachment between client and provider and must consider a broad range of elements related to client needs and community resources.
- Team player with the ability to adapt to change and perform efficiently in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proficiency in French, verbal and written, is an asset.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- As per the Ontario Nurses Association (ONA) NSM CCAC Collective Agreement, the salary range is from $26.38 per hour to a maximum of $31.52 per hour, commensurate with experience
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
Outstanding care – every person, every day.
To deliver a seamless experience through the health system for people in our diverse communities, providing equitable access, individualized care coordination and quality health care.
We believe in honest and ethical behaviour.
We make our clients our first priority.
We accept responsibility for our actions and outcomes.
We treat ourselves and others with dignity and understanding.
We are committed to the delivery of high quality service through education and the application of best practice.
To apply for this position, state "RPN-Care Connect" in the subject line of your email and send with your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 4, 2016.
Our orientation date will be in mid-April 2016.
NSM Community Care Access Centre is governed by the requirements of the French Language Services Act and therefore encourages applications from French speaking candidates.
NSM CCAC is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have any special requirements during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
We thank all applicants who take the time to apply; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
As part of the mandatory screen process NSM CCAC requires professional references, verification of academic training, professional accreditation, plus a current Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.