North Simcoe Muskoka Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) is one of 14 CCACs across Ontario, providing a single point of access to health and personal support serviced to help people live independently in their homes or to facilitate their transition into a Long-Term Care Home. The CCAC plans, coordinates and ensures the delivery of a full-range of in-home and community-based services to support clients and their caregivers. The CCAC also provides clients with information and connects clients to alternate sources of care in the community.
Posting Number: OPSEU 14-01
Job Title: Team Assistant – French designated
Office Location: Barrie
This position provides confidential clerical assistance to case management teams; for linking the client care coordinators to the clients and/or external stakeholders using exceptional customer service and problem solving skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handles health records of clients in accordance with privacy and confidentiality legislation.
- Provides telephone and voicemail support within designated client service teams on behalf of case management staff by taking and relaying messages, referring calls to an available Client Care Coordinator or taking action in response to caller's needs where appropriate.
- Provides information to client and others regarding programs, services, benefits, procedures and other related information.
- Maintains an efficient filing system of confidential client records and related information ensuring availability when required.
- Follows established guidelines when assigning new or transferred client files to the appropriate staff.
- Processes requisitions, service/supply/equipment orders, client privacy letters, school letters and other form letters and documents related to client services for Client Care Coordinator's authorization.
- Uses computer program or faxes service orders and Client Care Coordinator's assessments to ensure delivery of services.
- Liaises with staff, service providers, clients, physicians, pharmacies and suppliers regarding client's service status, deliveries, discrepancies and delays in provision of supplies or services.
- Enters data and/or accesses client information systems as required (eg. Discharge, on hold, rejected entries, corrections, admit/non admit, registration/intake, change of address/transfer).
- Collaborates with team members regarding workflow coverage.
- Acts as a resource for internal and external stakeholders.
- Precepts new staff. Acts as a resource to other staff to assist in orientation, implementing change and problem solving.
- Assists with projects and new initiatives as they relate to position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Shares accountability for ensuring the safest possible client care in accordance with the Client Safety Plan.
- Reads implements client safety policies and procedures.
- Participates in team/committee discussions on client safety.
- Attends client safety education.
- Applies sound risk management with the scope of duties and responsibilities; and
- Reports risk with causes, impacts or mitigations beyond scope of responsibility or available resources to manager.
- Graduation from administration and/or business college training program.
- Two years' experience office experience in a health care environment preferred.
- Medical terminology knowledge an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of general office procedures including effective filing systems, and familiarity using a variety of office equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of confidentiality/privacy issues.
- Exceptional client services skills demonstrated by previous customer service.
- Demonstrated excellent communication, listening and telephone manner skills.
- Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders which includes respecting and valuing others, active listening and facilitating healthy relationships
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical, problem solving, decision making and organizational skills to meet deadlines and solve problems.
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment is required.
- Accurate keyboarding skills with a minimum 45 wpm.
- Ability to organize daily workload in the presence of frequent interruptions, multiple demands and deadlines.
- Demonstrated team cooperation and collaboration.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Oral proficiency in French is REQUIRED.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply by submitting a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, to:
North Simcoe Muskoka Community Care Access Centre
ATT: Human Resources Office
15 Sperling Drive, #100
Barrie, Ontario L4M 6K9
(Include position and vacancy number in subject heading)
Please note: At time of hire, a Criminal Record Check will be required.
NSM CCAC thanks all applicants who take the time to apply. However, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.