Bargaining Unit: Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE)
Job Title: Accounting Clerk
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Initial FTE Allocation: 1.0
Initial Hours of Work: Seventy (70) hours per bi-weekly pay period
Subject to all hours of operation as required
Initial Work Assignment: Finance
The Accounting Clerk performs all accounts payable functions and is responsible for the accurate, complete and timely preparation of payments to vendors for authorized purchases.
Accounts Payable Processing
- Verifies invoices and related backup for completeness and accuracy;
- Entry of purchase orders and receipts as required;
- Ensures appropriate authorization for payment is received prior to processing;
- Records appropriate G/L account on invoice as required;
- Monitors invoice backup for charge backs to third parties, and codes to G/L as appropriate for recovery;
- Prepares cheques for approval;
- Distributes cheques and remittance slips;
- Liaises with vendors on issues related to Accounts Payable;
- Maintains an up-to-date list of active vendors and service providers;
- Maintains organized records of transactions processed.
Reconciliation of approved vendor invoice submissions
- Processes invoices within the billing schedule;
- Reconciles RA reports on a weekly, biweekly and/or monthly basis;
- Reconciles quarterly service utilization reports with RA reports;
- Assists with the preparation of contractual rate adjustments and retroactive payments;
- Monitor vendor submissions for contract compliance;
- Responds to Service Provider inquiries as appropriate.
Finance Department Support:
- Prepares reports and analysis on financial/statistical activities as assigned;
- Maintains file on various expenditures for month end use;
- Prepares subrogation reports to Ministry of Health as directed;
- Prepares reimbursement submissions for Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (clients) on a timely basis;
- Provides accounting and administrative support to the Finance Department;
- Is departmental backup to other Finance staff in their absence.
- Maintains confidentiality and safeguards all information in accordance with legislation and South East CCAC policy.
- Participates in maintaining office and equipment supplies, as required.
- Participates in orientation of new staff.
- Attends and participates in team meetings, ad hoc committees and staff meetings as required.
- Performs other duties as required
- Minimum of a three (3) year diploma from an accredited college or university in business administration or equivalent;
- Post-secondary school education in accounting;
- Minimum of 2 years related experience;
- Comprehensive working knowledge of accounting software (GL, AP, Purchasing, etc.);
- Excellent computer skills – Windows, Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook;
Effective interpersonal and communication skills;
Demonstrated attention to detail;
Excellent organizational and time management skills;
Demonstrated ability to work effectively, independently; and as a member of a team;
Ability to meet deadlines, set priorities, and multi-task;
Demonstrated commitment to facilitate change and promote opportunities for practice improvement;
Demonstrated initiative in ongoing professional development
Hourly Salary Range: $21.03 to $25.25 per hour
How to Apply:
- By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org complete with resume, on or before May 3, 2017
- Application must include Competition #32-2017 in the subject line
If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources. The South East CCAC is an equal opportunity employer.