Bargaining Unit: Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE)
Job Title: Finance Coordinator
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Initial FTE Allocation: 1.0
Initial Hours of Work: Seventy (70) hours per bi-weekly pay period
Subject to all hours of operation as required
Initial Work Assignment: Finance
Under the direction of the Manager, Finance, is responsible for the coordination and delivery of general accounting activities including; general ledger, accounts receivable, banking and year-end audit functions.
- In conjunction with the Manager, Finance, responsible for the ongoing monitoring and integrity of the organization’s general ledger, including, but not limited to:
- Prepare, evaluate and post various journal entries to GL monthly, e.g., bank entries, deposit entries, accruals, re-allocations;
- Monthly GL account reconciliations and lead sheet preparations;
- Summary & detailed reporting;
- Reviews for accuracy, completeness and reasonableness;
- Supports staff on general ledger expense coding.
- Prepare & issue invoices as necessary;
- Record receipts in sub-ledger;
- Prepare and make deposits with general ledger allocation entries;
- Year-end audit work;
- Maintain charitable donation records including reports, and tax receipt preparation;
- Participate in departmental, financial and other analysis and projects, including committee work;
- Financial Reporting including budget, actual and variance reporting, as required;
- Provide support for analysis to staff and Manager, Finance, as required;
- Support payables and purchasing function as needed;
- Minimum of a three (3) year diploma from an accredited college or university in office/business administration;
- Post-secondary school education in accounting;
- Minimum of two years related experience;
- Excellent computer skills including advanced proficiency in MS Excel. Should be familiar with other MS Office products ie. Word, PowerPoint, and Access
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrated attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, independently, and as a member of a team;
- Ability to meet deadlines, set priorities, and multi-task;
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret data;
- Microsoft Great Plains experience an asset.
Hourly Salary Range: $22.96 to $27.57 per hour
How to Apply:
By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org complete with resume, on or before May 1, 2017
Application must include Competition # 30-2017 in the subject line
Please include how you prefer to be contacted
If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
The South East CCAC is an equal opportunity employer.