Temporary full-time for Kingston Health Link region (up to September 2017)
The Hospice Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner (HPC NP) will contribute to excellence in the delivery of care for people of all ages and their families requiring hospice palliative care in the South East LHIN. The HPC NP will collaborate with inter-professional care teams across the health care continuum including (but not limited to) home care, primary care, specialized hospice palliative care, acute care and community supportive care organizations/agencies.
The HPC NP may provide direct care for individuals with hospice palliative care needs when this service would not otherwise be available. Strong collaborative relationships will be built
with providers of palliative care in the South East LHIN. The HPC NP will collaborate with these partners to promote integration of inter-professional care across the continuum of health care services, and to advance hospice palliative care support.
- Must hold current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario in the Extended Class Nurse Practitioner Program with a minimum Baccalaureate in Nursing (Masters level degree in Nursing preferred)
- Must have continuing education in Palliative Care; Hospice Palliative Care Nursing
- Minimum 2 yrs. of experience in Palliative Care Nursing (previous work in the
community setting an asset)
- Hold current CPR- Level C & AED certification
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter, indicating
Posting #06-2016 in the subject line to:
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
“La version Française de cette annonce est disponible sur demande.”