**Posted on behalf of the South East LHIN**
The SE LHIN is now recruiting for the Full Time Term Position of: Human Resources Coordinator
This is a full-time, term contract position , from January 2017 to May 2017, with regular hours
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Services/Controller (LHIN Renewal Provincial Lead), the Human Resources (HR) Coordinator will provide expert level support, facilitation and advise on HR functions and programs for the organization, and support for the LHIN Renewal Project.
The individual we are seeking has strong experience reviewing and ensuring compliance for legislative requirements (OHS, AODA, etc.), conducting audits of HR policies/programs, administering health/ welfare plans, including enrollments, changes, and deactivations, and provides assistance with end-to-end recruitment activities as needed. This individual will also contribute to, and monitor, HR Labour Relations Functional Transition Team work plan activities while ensuring the project needs are met as the project progresses, as well as develops and maintains project progress and risk reports.
Support Organizational HR Functions and Programs
- Facilitating human resources processes
- Reviewing and ensuring legislative compliance requirements (OHS, AODA, etc.)
- Conducting audits of HR programs and policies, and recommending corrective actions
- Ensuring the effective utilization of plans related to HR programs and services
- Administering health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes, and deactivations
- Provides assistance with end-to-end recruitment activities as needed, including (a) preparation of Welcome Letters and Employment Letters, and (b) onboarding programs
- Assisting with the performance review processes
- Assisting with the recruitment and interview processes
LHIN Renewal - HRLR Project Functions
- Contributes to and monitors achievement of the HR Labour Relations Functional Transition Team work plan activities, while ensuring project needs are met as the project progresses;
- Develops and maintains project progress and risk reports;
- Identifies and escalates issues or risks that may impede successful and timely completion of the project;
- Coordinates activities and information collection;
- Creates and maintains comprehensive documentation and other various plans, lists and reports as required;
- Undertakes comparative analysis of policies, procedures, and handbooks; identifies areas of inconsistency; and, contributes to the development of new policies and processes to support future organizational requirements;
- Reviews various agreements/documents; seek/provide advice on interpretation and application;
- Working with key stakeholders, contributes to the design, development and delivery of education, training, and orientation initiatives for management and staff;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with an Industrial Relations or Human Resources focus is preferred or a degree in a related field with a post graduate diploma/certificate in Human Resources Management (or equivalent combination of education and experience);
- CHRP designation required, CHRL designation preferred;
- Three (3) to five (5) years of recent related experience in Human Resources, with at least two (2) years recent and related experience specializing in Labour Relations, preferably in a unionized environment;
- Full understanding and demonstrated working knowledge of relevant legislation, including Employment Standards Act, Ontario Labour Relations Act, Human Rights Code;
- Demonstrated tact and sound professional judgment when responding to matters concerning sensitive information
Human Resources/Labour Relations
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to change;
- Excellent analytical and interpretation skills in order to ensure compliance between the collective agreement and internal policies and procedures;
- Good facilitation and presentation skills;
- Positive approach to customer service and relationship building;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a dynamic team of professionals in an everchanging, fast-paced customer-focused environment.
- Understanding of Health Care Sector (working experience within the sector is preferred)
- Thorough written and verbal communication skills;
- Courteous and respectful in all interactions;
- Ensures effective and professional communications with all internal/external contacts;
- Works respectfully, positively and collaboratively within a team environment sharing experiences and lessons;
- Clearly articulates and interprets requirement, policies and programs to employees;
- Demonstrates tact and sound professional judgment when responding to matters concerning sensitive information;
- Demonstrated presentation, verbal communication, interpersonal and relationship building abilities;
- Good coaching skills to provide guidance to customers;
- Ability to communicate in French an asset.
Salary Band: P3 - $71,900 - $89,800
Submit Resumes & Cover Letter to the attention of: Paula Heinemann, Director Corporate Services / Controller
Deadline : Thursday, Decemeber 22, 2016 by 4PM
Submissions received after this time will not be considered .
Please see our website for more details: http://southeastlhin.on.ca/CareersandOpportunities/OurOpportunities.aspx
The SE LHIN is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise the recruitment contact so arrangements can be made. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.