As the Manager of Clinical Services, you will provide essential leadership, health service related advice and managerial support to the South East CCAC’s direct service teams – Nurse Practitioners (NPs), Rapid Response Nurses (RRNs), Mental Health & Addictions Nurses in Schools (MHANs). You will participate in program planning and system integration, as you work towards the goal of ensuring a comprehensive, quality system of patient care.
You will also act as a main liaison amongst Primary Care Practitioners, Long-Term Care Homes, School Boards and Children's Mental Health Agencies. Your contributions will ensure both the establishment and maintenance of quality programs for clients and their families both in the hospital and out in your community.
Our ideal candidate is a Registered Nurse (BScN) with several year's management experience working in a unionized environment. You will need to have effective organizational and planning skills; as well as strong collaboration and communication skills.
Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
5 years progressively responsible experience in health care;
Management experience in a unionized environment with direct experience with change management
Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse (BScN) required;
CNA certification in one or more of the areas of specialization is an asset;
Knowledge of broad medical care across the health system and age continuum;
Direct clinical experience (a combination of experience and education is preferred);
Demonstrated leadership in advancing the clinical practice of multiple health disciplines;
Solid knowledge of health care related legislation and practices.
Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle are required
Client Services Experience
Client Service provision and expert clinical practice to manage delivery and/or access to coordinated, quality community health care services
Demonstrated high level of initiative and creativity
Understanding of assessment tools, outputs, and CHRIS data sets to support analysis and outcome evaluation
Considerable progressively responsible experience in program development
Significant experience in change management
Ability to plan, execute, and improve clinical programming to ensure objectives and deliverables are met
Demonstrated project management expertise
Experience in standard quality tools including but not limited to sampling/auditing, measurement systems, analysis of risk, data analysis for improvement, as well as progress monitoring and reporting
Experience with program evaluation
Strong planning and organizational skills
Proficiency in MS Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Effective communication skills to maintain a range of contacts with health professionals, service providers, regulatory colleges, and other organizations within the community;
- Strong collaboration skills to participate on projects and committees with colleagues across the South East CCAC or local community agencies;
- Ability to deliver information effectively and interpret data clearly in a variety of settings including one-on-one with staff and in team and project meetings;
- Ability to deal constructively with a variety of contentious/difficult situations, discuss sensitive information and influence/persuade others to follow a recommended course of action;
- Good coaching and communication skills to provide instructions and guidance to staff with respect to activities, challenges and questions with clarity.
Problem Solving/ Complexity
- As the first-level of management in a this area, this position is required to resolve problems and conflicts regarding program development and interpersonal issues that require consideration of multiple sources of information;
- Analyzes information from information systems/databases, service providers, client reports, staff feedback and industry trends and practices to formulate recommendations and provide input to planning processes for future programs, policies and services;
- Manages multiple priorities as circumstances and information change frequently.
- Uses creativity/innovation to develop solutions to client service needs which are unique to designated program development area
- Guide decision-making in complex clinical situations
To review more about this role, please see our position description:Manager Clinical Services.pdf
Position Type: Permanent Full-time
Office Location: Flexible (Kingston, Brockville, Smiths Falls or Belleville)
Reports to: Senior Manager, Clinical Support and Utilization
Deadline: May 11, 2017 at 12:00PM EST
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience, inclusive of a comprehensive benefits package
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter, indicating Posting #03-2017 in the subject line by May 11, 2017 at 12:00PM EST to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please contact Jessie Burns, Recruitment Specialist at 1-888-871-8868 ext. 5675
Outstanding Care – Every Person, Every Day
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources. The South East CCAC is an equal opportunity employer.
“La version Française de cette annonce est disponible sur demande.”