As the Payroll Administrator, you will act as the primary point of contact regarding all payroll matters. You will be responsible for the overall management of the Human Resources Information System (HRIS), for reviewing payroll reports after completion of each payroll remittance; as well as performing random audits to ensure adherence to applicable standards, legislation and collective agreement provisions.
You will also act as a liaison between Human Resources and the Finance Department. This position provides reports for staffing analysis, organization planning purposes and emergency planning on a regular basis.
The ideal candidate will be a persistent self-starter with excellent technical skills, have a critical eye for detail and the ability to learn quickly. You will need to be adaptable to frequent changes in priorities, able to meet tight deadlines, and have exceptional analytical skills.
- A minimum of five years of experience with primary responsibility for payroll administration and processing;
- Experience working with time and attendance and HRIS systems (knowledge of Quadrant HRIS is considered an asset);
- College diploma in accounting/business administration with specific courses in Payroll Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred;
- Certification through the Canadian Payroll Association is preferred.
- Previous experience in payroll administration in a unionized environment;
- In-depth knowledge of compensation schemes and related federal/provincial government guidelines (e.g., CPP, EI, tax, etc.);
- Advanced knowledge of payroll requirements, including CRA payroll rules, year-end reporting, EHT, WSIB, etc.;
- Strong financial and accounting knowledge; specifically Generally Accepted Accounting Principles/practices (GAAP), journal entries, reconciliation, reporting and balancing of general ledger payroll accounts as well as creation of year-end audit working papers, and accounting/statistical codes for the MOHLTC.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of QHR, Great Plains, and other systems, resources, tools and channels used in payroll and HR information management from both an administrative and technical perspective;
- Ability to use MS Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
Position Type: Permanent Full-time
Office Location: Flexible (Kingston, Brockville, Smiths Falls or Belleville)
Reports to: Manager, Human Resources and Labour Relations
Deadline: April 3, 2017 at 12:00PM EST
Payroll Administrator Position Description.pdf
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter, indicating Posting #20-2017 in the subject line no later than April 3, 2017 at 12:00PM EST to: email@example.com
For more information please contact Jessie Burns, Recruitment Specialist at 1-888-871-8868 ext. 5675
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources. The South East CCAC is an equal opportunity employer.
"La version Française de cette annonce est disponible sur demande."