Our dedicated professional staff and management are guided by our vision and mission, and we strive to live our values as we deliver your care each and every day.
Outstanding care – every person, every day.
To deliver a seamless experience through the health system for people in our diverse communities, providing equitable access, individualized care coordination and quality health care.
Each day we live the principles of Client-Driven Care and the values of our Compass.
STATEMENT OF VALUES AND ETHICS
C A R I N G together for our communities
Core Values are the principles that guide our behaviours as we carry out the work of the
South West CCAC and move towards our Vision - they are what we stand for.
At the South West CCAC, we are committed to being:
A Accountable And Transparent
R Respectful of one another
N Nurturing Of Teams & Partners
G Great at what we do
CODE OF ETHICS
Code of Ethics are the standards of conduct by which we carry out our work at the South West CCAC where we adhere to the highest ethical standards every day.
They are built on the foundation of our shared core values.
We respect the clients we serve:
- We honour the Client Bill of Rights
- We promote client empowerment and the right to self-determination
- We uphold individual liberty and the right to live at risk, so long as the choices do not pose imminent risk to others
- We provide safe, evidence-based, quality care
We meet all legal requirements and are knowledgeable of all laws, regulations and policy relevant to the CCAC, including but not limited to:
- Human Rights Code;
- Personal Health Information Protection Act;
- Excellent Care for All Act
- Broader Public Sector Accountability Act;
- Occupational Health & Safety Act;
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act;
- CCAC Policies on Conflict of Interest
We are accountable and transparent:
- We comply with applicable professional standards, South West Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) policies, procedures, and related documents
- We conduct ourselves with integrity in an honest and ethical manner
- We put in place adequate internal controls over the use and accountability of public funds
- We ensure that all financial reports are factually accurate and complete in all material respects to serve the public interest
We use public resources wisely:
- We ensure all spending practices and policies are fair, reasonable and appropriate to fulfill the Mission of the CCAC and that public funds are managed responsibly and prudently, with care, and to maximum benefit.
- We provide value for money in procuring and delivering the highest quality service available within those resources.