The South West Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) is one of 14 local organizations in Ontario that plan, coordinate and fund local health services and deliver high quality home and community care to patients and families. The South West LHIN is committed to health improvement, innovation, and the establishment of collaborative partnerships to improve population health, patient experience and value for money across the health care system.
LHIN staff incorporates the best aspects of teamwork and continuous learning as they work with the local community to ensure the best health outcomes for everyone. If you have a passion for excellence and an entrepreneurial spirit, this is your opportunity to make a difference as part of a dynamic team transforming the Ontario healthcare system.
COMMUNICATIONS ADVISOR (Permanent Full-Time)
Reporting to the Director, Communications this position provides strategic communications support to advance the South West LHIN's strategic directions and operational activities and support the organization's CEO, senior leadership team, staff team and Board. The Communications Advisor develops and implements strategies related to strategic communications advice to support and advance business outcomes, community and public engagement, media relations, and internal communications.
What Can I Expect to Do?
Strategic communications, media relations, internal communications
- Develops and implements strategic communications plans and tactics that support business outcomes
- Provides strategic communications advice for issues management to proactively anticipate and respond to issues and promote a positive reputation for the South West LHIN
- Writes, edits and provides quality control for audience-appropriate communication tools, including: newsletters, press releases, speaking notes, presentations, reports, marketing materials, corporate website, social media and other internal and external vehicles
- Coordinates media relations, including: planning and coordinating media events and releases, interviews, preparing LHIN spokespeople and proactively advancing stories with the media
- Advises and liaises with communications contacts in the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, other LHINs, hospitals and other health care providers and stakeholders in the South West LHIN
- Keeps staff informed through engagement, newsletters, leadership communications and the Intranet
- Actively participates within cross-functional teams to advance the LHIN's strategic directions and operational activities
Community and patient engagement
- Provide opportunities for the health system partners, public, governance, patients and family members to be involved in health care decision-making
- Supports health system partners, patient and family engagement opportunities as well as public and governance engagement activities
LOCATION: This position is located in the South West LHIN region.
How do I qualify?
- Post-secondary degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or relevant field
- Minimum 5-7 years of previous communications or public relations experience, preferably within the health sector
- Passion for storytelling and explaining complex ideas
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Ability to manage time-sensitive and complex situations
- Communication planning skills
- Strong consulting skills
- Ability to work independently and to exercise judgment
- Discretion, diplomacy and tact in dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively and develop trust with the Board of Directors, CEO, other senior management and staff, and to liaise with external partners and the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills (CP style)
- Experience developing website and social media content
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite is an asset
- Proficiency in French is an asset
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity, please visit www.ccacjobs.ca to apply. Application deadline is June 5, 2017.
Compensation includes competitive salary, benefits and pension plan.
For further information on the South West LHIN please visit: http://www.southwestlhin.on.ca
The LHIN is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants are welcome. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise the recruitment contact so arrangements can be made.