The South West Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) is one of 14 local organizations in Ontario that plan, coordinate and fund local health services and deliver high quality home and community care to patients and families. The South West LHIN is committed to health improvement, innovation, and the establishment of collaborative partnerships to improve population health, patient experience and value for money across the health care system.
LHIN staff incorporates the best aspects of teamwork and continuous learning as they work with the local community to ensure the best health outcomes for everyone. If you have a passion for excellence and an entrepreneurial spirit, this is your opportunity to make a difference, as part of a dynamic team transforming the Ontario healthcare system.
DIGITAL HEALTH PLANNER (Permanent Full-Time)
Reporting to the Manager, Digital Health, this position is responsible for supporting effective coordination, integration and implementation of enabling digital health technologies and information management systems across the local healthcare system, in order to improve patient experience, health outcomes and value for money. The Digital Health Planner operates within and across functional teams to provide technical planning expertise in the analysis of data and information that assists in determining digital health priorities and integration opportunities aligned with the LHIN's Integrated Health Service Plan.
What Can I Expect to Do?
- Perform high-quality planning, research and analysis of the most appropriate technology solutions and tools in support of health system technology requirements, business project management processes, key clinical processes, and health system integration processes to drive efficiency and improve outcomes.
- Provide expertise and advice in support of program and project development.
- Perform gap analysis and develop business process and internal work flows of current and future state for resulting solutions.
- Gather and analyze information relevant to further developing, refining and maintenance of the project management approach in support of business strategy.
- Work closely with Health Service Providers, other LHINs and provincial agencies (e.g. eHealth Ontario) to identify opportunities and ensure alignment with local, provincial and Canadian strategies/standards.
- Establish effective working relationships with health service providers, and other partners to support innovative approaches and initiative action plans related to advancing digital health priorities, within a sub-region or at the LHIN level.
- Provide support on the approach and application of digital health enabling technologies at the local level in accordance with LHIN goals and objectives.
- Assist with monitoring developments in the digital health sector by undertaking regular environmental scans of literature, research and/or through key organizations and networks.
- Participate in and contributes to provincial and inter-LHIN digital health related planning and services delivery activities.
- Support the review and evaluation of health service provider initiated digital health projects and activities for alignment to LHIN and MOHLTC expectations.
- Prepare briefing documents and reports related to LHIN digital health plans, initiatives and projects.
- Actively partners with other LHIN staff to cooperate across functions to deliver and align projects, initiatives or services, and to engage in dialogue to determine digital health opportunities.
- Stays abreast of policy and legislation, best practices and emerging trends in digital health in order to identify and recommend opportunities.
Location: This position is located in the South West LHIN region.
How do I qualify?
- University degree or 3 year College Diploma in information management and technology, business administration, computer science, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in the Digital Health field.
- Experience aligning technology solutions in support of key clinical and health system integration business processes to drive efficiency and improved outcomes.
- Experience conducting feasibility studies and cost benefit analyses to provide expertise regarding technology and business improvement processes.
- Previous experience in carrying out best practice research, analysis, planning initiatives, and project monitoring preferably in the healthcare sector.
- Knowledge of project/program management theories, principles, best practices, tools, performance indicators and methodologies.
- Experience in business process mapping and analysis and quality improvement an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Ontario health care system, its stakeholders, programs and issues especially of information systems and technology used in healthcare environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare technology marketplace and current and future trends in digital health, health information and information technology systems.
- Demonstrated clinical background experience and/or experience in a health care technology environment an asset.
- Demonstrated capacity to identify and respond quickly to emerging issues and priorities and to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent written communication skills to prepare clear reports and analyses of data and information that will support effective decision-making, priority-setting, plans, initiatives and projects.
- Excellent oral communication skills to explain complex technical information to superiors, colleagues and stakeholders.
- Advanced proficiency of MS Office.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint collaboration tools an asset.
- Proficiency in French is an asset.
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity, please visit www.ccacjobs.ca to apply. Application deadline is June 5, 2017
Compensation includes competitive salary, benefits and pension plan.
For further information on the South West LHIN please visit: http://www.southwestlhin.on.ca
The LHIN is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants are welcome. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise the recruitment contact so arrangements can be made.