This is a permanent (.5) part time Disability Claims Specialist position in our London location. Reporting to the Manager, Occupational Health & Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC), this position will be responsible for providing human resources support including providing guidance on disability management, attendance management, return to work, and accommodations. This position will also review and arrange accommodations as required under the Human Rights Code.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing support to employees requiring assistance while off ill or needing assistance to remain on the job.
- Providing oversight to the program including gathering statistics.
- Working with third party adjudicators to ensure benefits are processed appropriately.
- Overseeing both Occupational and non-occupational absences, ensuring cost effective and support is provided to employees.
- Working with the HROD Team to ensure that the Attendance Management program is working and provides oversight to the program including gathering statistics.
- Coaching the management team and internal HROD team on best practices and approaches.
- Working with employees, managers and unions to develop the appropriate return to work plan.
- Ensuring accommodation plans are medically supported, and reasonable considering the employee's needs and the employer's needs.
Qualifications and experience include:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field of study
- Registered Kinesiologist, Registered Physiotherapist, Registered Occupational Therapist or Registered Nurse preferred
- 2+ years of disability case management in STD, LTD & WSIB
- Experience in completing Ergonomic assessments and related recommendations preferred
- Experience completing physical demands analysis preferred
- Solid expertise in current best practice for disability management and OHRC accommodation
- Certification or ability to become certified as member of JHSC
- Knowledge of HR best practices and principles in Human Resources Management, Health and Wellness, Occupational Health and Safety, Disability Management.
- Knowledge of related labour and employment legislation such as Employment Standards Act , Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workers Safety and Insurance Act, Ontario Human Rights Code.
- Travel required throughout the South West region
- Ability to speak French an asset.
This is permanent (.5) part time Disability Claims Specialist position for the South West CCAC with a home office in the London location.
To apply for this position, please visit www.ccacjobs.ca. Application deadline is November 21, 2016.
We thank all applicants; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted. We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds.