As a member of the Corporate Services Team, the End User Support Technician is responsible for addressing Help Desk concerns and providing frontline technology support across the South West CCAC.
Reporting to the Manager of IT and Facilities your responsibilities will include:
- Handles concerns directed to the Help Desk and tracks tickets
- Provides front-line technology support (e.g., installing software and programs, creating and disabling users, setting up hardware, setting up video/audio teleconferences, etc.)
- Trouble shoots basic technology concerns (e.g., fixing/replacing computers and other devices, first-level support to VOIP phones, etc.)
- Provides technical support for new applications and systems
- Performs maintenance activities (e.g., facilities and equipment repairs, snow removal, etc.) and ensures compliance with health and safety requirements
- Handles security concerns, including conducting security audits and setting-up and providing security badges
- Sets up workspaces; books facilities and equipment when needed
Your qualifications and experience will include:
- Minimum 2 years Information Systems diploma from a recognized Community College.
- ITIL Foundations Certification an asset.
- Previous experience in an information technology support capacity.
- Basic knowledge of management information systems, technology and software.
- Basic understanding of the impact on client service delivery of changes and interruptions to applications.
- Basic knowledge of government and MOHLTC policies, processes and legislation affecting facilities administration.
- Basic knowledge of health and safety legislation as it applies to physical facilities.
- Handles concerns directed to the Help Desk and tracks tickets.
- Travel between sites within the South West region is required depending on the project.
- Required to be "on-call".
- Must have a valid driver's license and access to a vehicle
- French language is an asset
This is a permanent full time End User Support position for the South West CCAC with a home office in the Owen Sound location. Periodic travel throughout the South West region may be required.
To apply for this position, please visit www.ccacjobs.ca. Application deadline is May 1, 2017.
The CCAC is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants are welcome. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Individuals with a disability requiring accomodation during the aplication and/or the interview process should advise the recruitment contact so arrangements can be made.