The South West Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) serves 60,000 people each year, across a vast region from Tobermory in the north to Long Point and Port Glasgow in the south. Our role is to get people the home and community care they need to stay well, heal at home and stay safely in their homes longer. We also help people transition through the system and to other living arrangements. We do it by working in partnership with patients, families, providers, community organizations, and others.
This is a permanent full time Financial Analyst position in our London location. Reporting to Manager, Finance and Payroll, this position collects and analyzes fiscal data and performs financial modeling including analysis and recommendations that have service and organizational implications. Analysis and recommendations are required for board and managerial decision making that meets strategic and operational objectives. This position is responsible for supervision of finance and payroll staff in addition to the creation of financial policies and auditing of financial performance in relation to the budget.
Reporting to the Manager, Finance and Payroll, responsibilities will include:
- Develops, provides analysis, and communication of on-going and ad hoc financial information across the organization.
- Provides decision support analysis to identify issues, opportunities and emerging trends for effective and efficient resource allocation.
- In consultation with functional departments creates and analyzes budgets.
- Builds financial models that consider multiple drivers and relay those drivers into accurate forecasts.
- Finds and explains actionable cause and effect relationships.
- Leads on-going process improvements/enhancements to ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- Prepares financial statements and Ministry reporting.
- Takes full ownership of special projects and delivery of results in a timely and professional manner.
- May supervise and manage finance and/or payroll administrative staff.
- Assists in the development and implementation of financial policies
Qualifications and experience include:
- University degree in Mathematics/Finance/Business/Economics or equivalent education and experience.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in finance, experience in a health care organization or public sector would be an asset.
- Successful completion of a CPA accounting designation, or equivalent experience.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office applications knowledge and proven experience (Excel, Access, Visio, Great Plains financial systems and Quadrant Payroll.
- Proven experience in project management and/or process improvement with the ability to translate seemingly complex concepts into clear and concise presentations.
This is permanent full time Financial Analyst position for the South West CCAC with a home office in the London location.
To apply for this position, please visit www.ccacjobs.ca. Application deadline is July 12, 2016.
The South West CCAC is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from diverse backgrounds.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department.