The South West Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) is one of 14 local organizations in Ontario that plan, coordinate and fund local health services and deliver high quality home and community care to patients and families. The South West LHIN is committed to health improvement, innovation, and the establishment of collaborative partnerships to improve population health, patient experience and value for money across the health care system.
LHIN staff incorporates the best aspects of teamwork and continuous learning as they work with the local community to ensure the best health outcomes for everyone. If you have a passion for excellence and an entrepreneurial spirit, this is your opportunity to make a difference as part of a dynamic team transforming the Ontario healthcare system.
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Permanent Full-Time)
Reporting to the Manager, Provider, Finance and Allocation, this position works closely with the team to strengthen and manage funding allocations and performance expectations, while providing leadership to the overall work of the LHIN in pursuit of quality of care, cost containment and improved efficiency.
What Can I Expect to Do?
- Implement and work within financial management systems for the purpose of achieving defined business objectives.
- Conduct financial analysis of local health system plans and Health Service Provider and Service Provider Organization operations, in accordance with LHIN objectives and responsibilities.
- Provide advice and input to LHIN staff and health service providers and service provider organizations on the application of the provincial funding formula at the local level, funding of specific health sectors, and the financial implications of allocation decisions.
- Provide technical analysis of local healthcare system funding decisions and plans, and develops tools and methods to assess the local funding plans required to meet the short and long term objectives.
- Monitors performance of Health Service Providers and Service Provder Organizations, identifies issues and/or discrepancies and potential impacts and identifies options for resolution.
- Conduct the transfer payment transaction process and ensure that appropriate processes are in place to support the allocation process.
- Actively participates within cross-functional teams to advance the LHIN's strategic directions and operational activities.
Location: This position is located in London, Ontario.
How do I qualify?
- Post-secondary degree in business administration, finance, health administration or a relevant field, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Financial accreditation (e.g. CA, CMA, etc.).
- Understanding of provincial funding models in use across one or more healthcare sectors and familiarity with public sector financial processes, policies and standards.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience linking financial practices to business objectives.
- Demonstrated experience with operational and strategic decision-making processes.
- Experience with and understanding of one or more health care sectors.
- Demonstrated experience in financial analysis and risk management.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills and demonstrated skill to identify and respond quickly to emerging issues and priorities.
- Good analytical and evaluation skills to conduct technical financial analyses, identify discrepancies and impacts and develop options and recommendations.
- Attention to detail to identify financial discrepancies and issues.
- Oral and written communication and interpersonal/relationship skills, to provide technical financial advice and guidance, to prepare effective reports which can be understood by non-financial people and to work effectively within a portfolio and across functional teams.
- Proficiency in French is an asset
- Advanced proficiency of MS Office.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and proficiency with PC based Hardware/software and inter/intranets
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity, please visit www.ccacjobs.ca to apply. Application deadline is May 29, 2017.
Compensation includes competitive salary, benefits and pension plan.
For further information on the South West LHIN please visit: http://www.southwestlhin.on.ca
The LHIN is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants are welcome. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise the recruitment contact so arrangements can be made.