Reporting to the Manager, Finance and Payroll, this position collects and analyzes fiscal data and performs financial modeling including analysis and recommendations that have service and organizational implications. Analysis and recommendations are required for board and managerial decision making that meets strategic and operational objectives. This position is responsible for supervision of finance and payroll staff in addition to the creation of financial policies and auditing of financial performance in relation to the budget.
Reporting to the Manager, Finance and Payroll, responsibilities will include:
- Develops, provides analysis, and communication of on-going and ad hoc financial information across the organization
- Provides decision support analysis to identify issues, opportunities and emerging trends for effective and efficient resource allocation
- Creates and analyzes budgets in consultation with functional departments
- Builds financial models that consider multiple drivers and relay those drivers into accurate forecasts
- Finds and explains actionable cause and effect relationships
- Leads on-going process improvements/enhancements to ensure data integrity and accuracy
- Prepares financial statements and Ministry reporting
- Takes full ownership of special projects and delivery of results in a timely and professional manner
- May supervise and manage finance and/or payroll administrative staff
- Assists in the development and implementation of financial policies
Qualifications and experience include:
- University degree in Mathematics/Finance/Business/Economics or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum three (3) years of recent experience in finance; recent experience in a health care organization or public sector preferred
- Successful completion of a CPA accounting designation or equivalent experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office applications knowledge and proven experience (Excel, Access, Visio, Great Plains Financial Systems and Quadrant Payroll)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proven experience in project management and/or process improvement with the ability to translate seemingly complex concepts into clear and concise presentations
- Ability to speak French an asset
This is permanent full time Financial Analyst position for the South West CCAC with a home office in the London location.
To apply for this position, please visit www.ccacjobs.ca. Application deadline is April 3, 2017.
We thank all applicants, however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews please inform Human Resources.
We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds.