The South West Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) is one of 14 local organizations in Ontario that plan, coordinate and fund local health services and deliver high quality home and community care to patients and families. The South West LHIN is committed to health improvement, innovation, and the establishment of collaborative partnerships to improve population health, patient experience and value for money across the health care system.
LHIN staff incorporates the best aspects of teamwork and continuous learning as they work with the local community to ensure the best health outcomes for everyone. If you have a passion for excellence and an entrepreneurial spirit, this is your opportunity to make a difference as part of a dynamic team transforming the Ontario healthcare system.
HEALTH SYSTEM PLANNER – Grey Bruce Sub Region
Reporting to the Sub-Region Lead for Grey Bruce, the Health System Planner is responsible for supporting effective planning, coordination and implementation of system design and integration priorities across the local healthcare system and within a sub-region, to improve patient experience, health outcomes and value for money. This position is responsible for providing technical planning expertise in the analysis of data and information that assists in determining LHIN-wide and sub-region plans and priorities, including integration opportunities. The Health System Planner provides technical expertise, advice and support in the development and management of work plans and reporting processes for LHIN sectors and sub region portfolios.
What Can I Expect to Do?
- Support health system and population-based planning, integration, coordination, service innovation and quality improvement initiatives with patient partners, health service providers, clinicians and other partners in alignment with provincial and LHIN strategic priorities and directions.
- Perform high-quality planning, research and analysis of local and regional data, community input and other sources in order to identify gaps and provide input to planning and integration priorities within a sub-region or at the LHIN level.
- Use multiple planning approaches, such as needs based predictive models and community input, to contribute to the advancement of LHIN-wide and sub-region strategies and plans.
- Works with LHIN Sub-Region Leads, other staff, and health service providers to identify appropriate opportunities for integration and coordination initiatives.
- Participate in and contributes to provincial and inter-LHIN planning and service delivery activities.
- Collaborate with other LHIN staff on priorities, work plans, project and performance monitoring.
- Establish effective working relationships with health service providers, and other partners to support innovative approaches and initiative action plans for health system improvement and integration.
- Provide technical analysis on proposed integration initiatives and projects as they are identified.
- Monitor and evaluates planning, integration and project outcomes.
- Participate in stakeholder engagement and provides analysis of information and data necessary to foster effective discussion and inform initiatives and project plans.
- Prepare briefing documents and reports related to LHIN plans, initiatives and projects.
- Stay abreast of policy and legislation, best practices and methodologies in health-care planning and service delivery in order to identify and recommend best planning approaches and opportunities.
- Actively participates within cross-functional teams to advance the LHIN's strategic directions and operational activities.
Location: This position is located in the South West LHIN region.
How do I qualify?
- Post-secondary / Master's degree in health administration, health planning, business administration, research or relevant field or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years related experience in Health System Planning.
- Previous experience in carrying out best practice research, analysis, planning initiatives, and project monitoring preferably in the health-care sector.
- Good knowledge of and proven ability to apply, multiple planning and analysis methodologies and make effective recommendations.
- Knowledge of project/portfolio management theories, principles, best practices, tools, performance indicators and methodologies.
- Understanding of planning models and approaches.
- Experience in business process mapping and analysis and quality improvement an asset.
- Understanding of the Ontario health-care system, its stakeholders, programs and issues.
- Demonstrated capacity to identify and respond quickly to emerging issues and priorities and to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent written communication skills to prepare clear reports and analyses of data and information that will support effective decision-making, priority-setting, plans, initiatives and projects.
- Ability to build, enhance and maintain effective relationships with community organizations, local and provincial groups, health service providers and others.
- Understanding of stakeholder engagement principles including best practices for engaging patients and families.
- Excellent oral communication skills to explain complex technical information to superiors, colleagues and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the Grey Bruce area would be an asset.
- Advanced proficiency of MS Office.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint collaboration tools an asset.
- Proficiency in French is an asset.
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity, please visit www.ccacjobs.ca to apply. Application deadline is June 5, 2017.
Compensation includes competitive salary, benefits and pension plan.
For further information on the South West LHIN please visit: http://www.southwestlhin.on.ca
The LHIN is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants are welcome. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise the recruitment contact so arrangements can be made.