This is a temporary full time Human Resources Assistant position that will continue for approximately one (1) year. Working with the human resources management team, the Human Resources Assistant provides assistance and coordinates support to the human resources management team of the South West CCAC. Areas of responsibility include effectively prioritizing and researching sensitive employee/labour relations issues; coordinating the preparation and/or editing/writing of business materials such as letters, mass emails, memos, reports and presentations; organizing meetings; planning and organizing the regional human resources managers' schedule, appointments, reservations and travel arrangements; reviewing and prioritizing all incoming correspondence and taking appropriate action.
Your qualifications and experience will include:
- Completion of HR Certificate / Diploma or equivalent education and/ or experience
- Knowledge of leading human resources administrative practices
- Knowledge of human resources policies and procedures
- Knowledge of basis administrative requirements of HR programs
- Ability to use a variety of software programs, including South West CCAC- HRIS databases and programs in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to integrate information from a variety of sources into effective briefing material, reports and summaries
- Acts as a primary contact for the HROD management team by enhancing, maintaining and ensuring effective communication at all times with exposure to sensitive employee/labour relations information and material.
- Receives notification on confidential HR issues, informs the Regional Manager, conducts background research, and provides briefing with a summary of the facts.
- Screens resumes and completes reference checks for applicants/candidates.
- Enters pertinent employee information into HRIS to prepare and maintain reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the Human Resources such as tracking key departmental and organizational wide analytics, and preparation of materials for presentation and print.
- Coordinates and supports the HROD management team with respect to daily activities, including managing calendars, scheduling and organizing meetings and events, arranging travel, maintaining action logs for team meetings.
- Directly responds or coordinates response to requests for information from internal/external parties.
This is a Human Resources Assistant position for the South West CCAC with a home office in London. Periodic travel throughout the South West region may be required.
To apply for this position, state the position's job title in the subject line of your email and send with your résumé to HumanResources@sw.ccac-ont.ca. Application deadline is May 4, 2015.
We thank all applicants who take the time to apply. However, only those invited for an interview will be contacted. We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds.