The Human Resources Team has a vacancy for a Business Partner "HRBP". The HRBP partners with leaders within their assigned client Department to provide expert support, consultation and ensure strategic service integration in the key disciplines of Human Resources (including Employee & Labour Relations, performance management, attendance management, recruitment, Health & Safety). The HRBP analyzes key human resources business intelligence allowing them to independently work alongside leaders to provide recommendations for strategic solutions, and assist in the development and execution of operational strategies that support both short and long term Departmental goals. The HRBP engages other members of the overall Human Resources team to ensure that all HR staff have the necessary information, knowledge and acumen to provide comprehensive client focused human resources and workforce planning solutions.
Reporting to the Regional Manager of Human Resources, responsibilities include:
- Consults with and advises assigned client leadership team on strategic organizational planning, in the areas of leadership, workforce planning, communication, improvement, and service integration.
- Facilitates the Workforce Planning Process including strategic human capital planning, succession planning and identifies developmental planning needs within the client group.
- Monitors the changing regulatory environment developing recommendations to the business to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Researches and maintains an awareness of current HR related issues affecting the South West CCAC and makes recommendations on impact to HR programs
- Assesses alignment of HR processes with client's Departmental strategic goals and provides feedback to managers in developing and implementing solutions.
- Collaborates with the broader Human Resources team to drive Core, Common and Consistent HR solutions (such as process improvement) as well as participating in other broad scale HR projects and initiatives.
- Collaborates with Employee/Labour Relations and Organizational Development to execute and implement large scale HR initiatives (i.e., roll out annual programs, new programs/policies, etc.)
- Identifies key success indicators and recommends the creation and collection of client specific data to develop baseline measurements to monitor and evaluate the success of Departmental specific HR programs and initiatives
- Collaborates with the Recruiting team members to provide staffing support to the business.
- Any other projects and initiatives as assigned by the Human Resources Manager.
Qualifications and experience include:
- University degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or other related discipline
- At least five (5) years of experience working in a complex unionized environment providing support to clients on strategic HR initiatives including workforce planning, change management, performance management, attendance management, succession planning and leadership development
- Excellent knowledge of relevant legislation as it applies to organizational change, employee development, labour relations and performance management (Ontario Pay Equity Act, Labour Relations Act, Employment Standards Act of Ontario, Ontario Human Rights Code, Health and Safety Act, etc.)
- Knowledgeable and well informed on both union and non-union job evaluation and Ontario Pay Equity Legislation
- Experience designing and developing client specific HR programs to meet changing organizational needs
- Excellent understanding of theories related to human resource, change management, performance management, succession planning and organizational analysis and design
- Working knowledge of the principles of employee engagement and organizational behavior
- Experience working with senior management to facilitate the creation of strategic long range human resources plans
- Ability to understand and collaborate with a broad range of disciplines in order to bring about implementing HR strategic initiatives
- Using non-authoritative leadership, influence senior leaders to develop a comprehensive and progressive approach to people management and organizational effectiveness.
- Ability to communicate and display a high level of professionalism in-person, verbally and in written formats
- Ability to analyze various forms of data, synthesize information ability to anticipate future trends/consequences and create innovative strategies and flexible plans
- Excellent understanding of the importance of building and maintaining collaborative relationships
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and ability to learn and adapt to new technology
- Ability to communicate the key principles of leadership behavior which allow for the successful integration of strategic plans
- Ability to successfully negotiate resolutions among senior leaders to reach a common understanding and achieve strategic goals
- Strong organizational analysis a business acumen
- Proficiency in French is an asset
This is permanent full time HR Business Partner position for the South West CCAC with a home office in the London location. To apply, please visit www.ccacjobs.ca. Application deadline is May 15, 2016. We thank all applicants; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
The South West CCAC is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from diverse backgrounds. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department.