- The South West Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) serves 60,000 people each year, across a vast region from Tobermory in the north to Long Point and Port Glasgow in the south. Our role is to get people the home and community care they need to stay well, heal at home and stay safely in their homes longer. We also help people transition through the system and to other living arrangements. We do it by working in partnership with clients, families, providers, community organizations, and others.
The Partnering for Quality (PFQ) program supports primary care and health system partners to improve chronic disease prevention and management through the implementation of quality improvement methodology and optimized use of their electronic medical records. The PFQ team is seeking a client-driven care professional to support the CCAC’s vision and PFQ deliverables.
IMPROVEMENT COACH, Partnering for Quality
As the Improvement Coach, you will be responsible for enabling, supporting and sustaining improvement efforts within the PFQ strategic and work plan. Specifically, you will be responsible for: facilitating improvement initiatives, on-site coaching and performance monitoring; building health service provider organization capacity to drive continuous improvement initiatives through knowledge transfer of improvement tools, methodologies and change management strategies; identifying educational needs pertaining to initiatives and providing learning opportunities; and establishing and maintaining strong relationships with various stakeholders.
- o post graduate degree in healthcare;
- o business administration and/or equivalent education and experience;
- o superior facilitation skills and communication skills;
- o in-depth knowledge and applied use of quality management frameworks and methodologies (i.e. Lean, Six-Sigma, Institute for Healthcare Improvement, etc.);
- o excellent knowledge of Ontario’s health system including primary, acute, community and long-term care settings;
- o good understanding of the role of provincial quality improvement organizations and initiatives (i.e. Ontario Health Quality Council, Centre for Healthcare Quality improvement, etc.);
- o experience in a lead facilitator and project management role;
- o Ability to speak and read/write French Language an asset.
The successful candidate will be employed by the South West CCAC with a head office in London. Regular travel throughout the South West Region and periodic travel outside of the South West Region will be required.
Application deadline is July 23, 2014. Please apply with resume via email to email@example.com stating the position's Job Title in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants who take the time to apply. However, only those invited for an interview will be contacted. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.