The South West Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) serves 60,000 people each year, across a vast region from Tobermory in the north to Long Point and Port Glasgow in the south. Our role is to get people the home and community care they need to stay well, heal at home and stay safely in their homes longer. We also help people transition through the system and to other living arrangements. We do it by working in partnership with clients, families, providers, community organizations, and others.
The Mental Health & Addiction Nurses in District School Boards Program is important to Ontario's plan to improve services and support for children and youth with mental health and addictions needs. In collaboration with the Ministries of Education, Children and Youth Services, Health and Long-Term Care and Training, Colleges, & Universities, this program is part of the overall commitment through Ontario's Comprehensive Mental Health and Addictions Strategy.
As part of a system wide initiative to strengthen connections across the health continuum, the South West CCAC is currently looking for a mental health nurse in Huron and Perth for the Mental Health & Addiction Nurses in District School Boards Program.
Mental Health & Addictions Nurse (RN)
As an integral part of this interdisciplinary team, you will bring your mental health and addictions expertise to provide essential health related advice and support to educators within the district school boards.
The nurses will assist school boards in recognizing and responding to student mental health and addiction issues and work with the boards to develop strategies to address student mental health and addictions needs. You will play a key role in providing the support of a health professional in helping students and/or parents' access services such as family health care, community mental health and/or addictions agencies.
- Minimum of two (2) years of direct clinical experience in providing mental health and/or addictions services for children and youth
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years of relevant experience as a Registered Nurse (BScN or diploma)
- Knowledge of the mental health and addictions service system for children and youth
- Solid knowledge of health care related legislation and practices
- Advanced assessment and diagnostic reasoning skills
- Ability to work independently
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Demonstrated experience as a Registered Nurse
- Must have valid driver's license and access to a vehicle.
- Significant travel within school board districts.
- Proficiency in French an asset.
To apply for this position, state the position's job title in the subject line of your email and send with your resume and covering letter to email@example.com. Application deadline is April 20, 2015.
We thank all applicants who take the time to apply. However, only those invited for an interview will be contacted. We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds.