As a member of the corporate services team, the Payroll Assistant is responsible for ensuring a secure and fiscally accurate payroll system for the organization. Areas of responsibility include payroll services, reporting and training.
Reporting to the Financial Analyst you will:
- Annual reconciliations and remittances for all statutory, pension benefit & union deductions
- Processes payroll: oversees calculations such as premiums, overtime, and salary rate changes; calculates, codes and processes information on hires, transfers, leaves, and terminations; verifies the accuracy of deductions
- Design, implement, manage, and ensure the data integrity and security of payroll
- Provide orientation to new staff and re-orientation to existing staff and management
- Prepare all monthly, bi-monthly and year-end reports
- T4 preparation, reconciliation and distribution
- Ensure deductions are accurate and reconciles for major medical, dental AD&D, etc.
- Prepare and remit monthly statements and premiums to various entities (e.g., EHT, union, pension, WSIB, etc.)
- Issue Records of Employment
- Provide support in completing benefits/pension forms as required and inputs all necessary information for payroll
Your qualifications and experience will include:
- Three year Community College Diploma, specializing in Accounting, Payroll or equivalent experience
- Active Certified Payroll Association (CPA) member
- Minimum two years payroll experience in a unionized environment
- Experience in working with MIS Guidelines an asset
- Advanced knowledge of payroll requirements, including CRA payroll rules, year-end reporting, EHT, WSIB etc.
- Skilled in current software programs, including financial / statistical packages, Microsoft Office and Windows
- Knowledge of HRIS and payroll processing systems with respect to processing information and generating reports
- Knowledge of related legislation such as Employment Standards Act and Canada Labour Code
- Understanding of general accounting practices regarding journal entries, reconciliation and reporting
- Familiarity with medical and health care terminology
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills, including demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, to function well under pressure, proper telephone etiquette, and to work effectively both independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Proficiency in French an asset
This is permanent full time Payroll Assistant position for the South West CCAC with a home office in the London location. To apply for this position, please visit www.ccacjobs.ca. Application deadline is March 27, 2017. We thank all applicants; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
The South West CCAC is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from diverse backgrounds. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department.