Community Care Access Centres (CCACs) are publicly funded health care agencies dedicated to getting people the home care and community care they need to stay well, heal at home and stay safely in their homes longer.
The South West Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) serves 60,000 people each year, across a vast region from Tobermory in the north to Long Point and Port Glasgow in the south. Our role is to get people the home and community care they need to stay well, heal at home and stay safely in their homes longer. We also help people transition through the system and to other living arrangements. We do it by working in partnership with clients, families, providers, community organizations, and others.
The Health Links team is seeking two client-driven professionals to support our vision: outstanding care – every person, every day. The Health Link program's aim is to improve the health care experience, outcomes, and equity of access for people with the greatest needs by improving the level of communication and collaboration among providers.
QUALITY IMPROVEMENT COACH, Health Links (2)
The Health Links team is looking for two (2) permanent full time Quality Improvement Coaches. As the Quality Improvement Coach, you will be responsible for enabling, supporting and sustaining improvement efforts within the Health Links strategic and work plan. Specifically, you will be responsible for: facilitating improvement initiatives, on-site coaching and performance monitoring; building health service provider organization capacity to drive continuous improvement initiatives through knowledge transfer of improvement tools, methodologies and change management strategies; identifying educational needs pertaining to initiatives and providing learning opportunities; implement patient experience methodology ; and establishing and maintaining strong relationships with various stakeholders. A significant portion of this position will be providing coaching support to Health Link teams as they participate in the Health Links Learning Collaborative.
- post graduate degree in healthcare or business administration and / or equivalent education and experience;
- excellent knowledge of Ontario's health system including primary, acute, community and long-term care settings;
- good understanding of the role of provincial quality improvement organizations and initiatives (i.e. Ontario Health Quality Council, Centre for Healthcare Quality improvement, etc.);
- experience in a lead facilitator and project management role;
- application of patient experience methodology (e.g. Experience-Based Design approaches);
- in-depth knowledge of quality management frameworks and methodologies (i.e. Lean, Six-Sigma, Institute for Healthcare Improvement, Experience-Based Design etc.);
- ability to use a variety of quality methodologies (e.g., Model of Improvement, Learning Collaborative, etc.) to assess and improve patient flow through the system;
- superior communication and group facilitation skills; and
- ability to travel throughout the South West region.
- ability to speak and read/write French Language an asset.
The position will be based out of the South West CCAC with a home office to be determined and will report to the Project Lead, Health Links.
Application Deadline is January 12, 2014 at 4:30 p.m. Apply with resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position's Job Title in the subject line of your e-mail. Thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.