Community Care Access Centres (CCACs) are publicly funded health care agencies dedicated to getting people the home care and community care they need to stay well, heal at home and stay safely in their homes longer.
The South West Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) serves 60,000 people each year, across a vast region from Tobermory in the north to Long Point and Port Glasgow in the south. Our role is to get people the home and community care they need to stay well, heal at home and stay safely in their homes longer. We also help people transition through the system and to other living arrangements. We do it by working in partnership with clients, families, providers, community organizations, and others.
TFT Care Coordinator – 5 Months
The South West CCAC is recruiting for a Temporary Full Time Community Care Coordinator in the Owen Sound location for approximately five (5) months. This is an opportunity to use your skills and training to contribute to the success of client-driven care throughout South Western Ontario. As a Care Coordinator, you will assess client needs to determine eligibility for services and evaluate/revise plans of service for clients.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Currently a Registered Nurse (RN, BScN), Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, or Speech Language Pathologist
- Current, active registration or license to practice in Ontario
- Sound knowledge of the long-term care system and community resources
- Knowledge and experience to assess requirements and develop plans of service
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills
- Valid driver's license and own transportation
- Ability to speak and read/write French Language an asset.
How to Apply: Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by January 12, 2015. We thank all applicants who take the time to apply. However, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.