Telehomecare is a patient-centred approach in the delivery of efficient and effective care to people with chronic disease. Leveraging information and communications technology (ICT) to remotely link providers and clients, Telehomecare provides a targeted and rapid response from the care team to an emerging health crisis, as well as proactive patient coaching, education and coordination of care amongst multiple care providers. Demonstrated benefits of the Telehomecare program include:
- Improvements in participant ability and action to manage their health
- Decreased hospital readmissions and utilization of emergency departments and walk-in clinics
- Improved self-reported quality of life and health outcomes
For Telehomecare, the South West CCAC has an existing opportunity for:
Telehomecare Engagement and Adoption Lead
(1 year contract assignment)
The Engagement and Adoption Lead is a one year contract position. This position will work under the direction of the Telehomecare Program Lead and is accountable for the development, implementation and results of an engagement and adoption plan to deliver Telehomecare in the South West LHIN. He/she will lead and drive the implementation of change management strategies and plans with internal and external stakeholders. Additional responsibilities include:
- Identifying and working with clinical champions to support primary care and hospital engagement.
- Developing and implementing specific primary care engagement and hospital engagement strategies.
- Report and be accountable for all engagement activities and results, including facilitating education sessions about Telehomecare (lunch and learns, large group meetings and one-on-one's).
- Work with the Program staff and referring organizations to develop referral processes that are simple and sustainable because they are integrated into routine workflow processes.
- Promote integration across providers and support external partners in process of the development of change management tools, templates and supports for organizations and sites.
- Participate in external stakeholders meetings as required.
- Post graduate degree in Healthcare or Business Administration and/or equivalent education and experience.
- Experience in Chronic Disease Prevention and Management (COPD and HF is a strong asset).
- Experience influencing systemic change in an established healthcare environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a track level of engaging health system leaders.
- Self-starter, with outstanding customer service.
- Effective communicator, able to communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing, including effective presentation skills.
- Proven track record of being able to deliver on organizational targets.
- Actively engages in the identification of leading practice and evidence based data to support planning.
- Ability to influence change in a dynamic, established environment.
- Comprehensively use software including database, spreadsheet, word-processing, presentation, electronic mail and calendaring.
- Project management experience in the healthcare setting a strong asset
- Regular travel throughout the South West Region and some travel outside of the South West region.
- Proficiency in French an asset.
This is a position with a home office to be determined. To apply for this position, state the position's job title in the subject line of your email and send with your résumé to HumanResources@sw.ccac-ont.ca. Application deadline is April 15, 2015.
We thank all applicants who take the time to apply. However, only those invited for an interview will be contacted. We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds.