Community Care Access Centres (CCACs) are publicly funded health care agencies dedicated to getting people the home care and community care they need to stay well, heal at home and stay safely in their homes longer.
The South West Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) serves 60,000 people each year, across a vast region from Tobermory in the north to Long Point and Port Glasgow in the south. Our role is to get people the home and community care they need to stay well, heal at home and stay safely in their homes longer. We also help people transition through the system and to other living arrangements. We do it by working in partnership with clients, families, providers, community organizations, and others.
Position: Attendance and Scheduling Coordinator
This is a Temporary Full Time (1 year) opportunity. As a member of the Human Resources and Organizational Development Team, the Attendance and Scheduling Coordinator, is responsible for providing solutions for staff scheduling issues and maintaining regular communication with staff and Managers. The Attendance and Scheduling Coordinator is accountable for maintaining accurate attendance records for the Community Care Access Centre to ensure accurate records are maintained. Working closely with the Management team, the Attendance and Scheduling Coordinator's areas of responsibility will include inputting schedules, ensuring staffing requirements are met by prioritizing staffing resources and vacancies, application of the scheduling principles in accordance with the collective agreements and data/statistical collection and reporting.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, your qualifications and experience will include:
- College Diploma in Human Resources and/or equivalent experience.
- Human Resources Management Certificate and CHRP designation or equivalent an asset.
- Working knowledge of Collective Agreements, Ministry of Labour Employment Standards, and other relevant policies, contracts and legislation.
- Knowledge of Attendance Management/Scheduling Systems, as well as other resources and tools used in Human Resources Management Systems.
- Advanced computer skills using applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and data management programs. Experience with Quadrant Workforce an asset.
- A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and take appropriate action with minimal direction to meet deadlines.
- Ablility to confidently counsel staff and managers with regards to sensitive issues.
- Ability to efficiently organize and coordinate multiple initiatives and activities.
- High level of human relations skills, including sensitivity to others feelings and beliefs.
- Superior organizational, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve personnel issues and handle confidential information in a discrete and respectful manner.
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders to assist peers, Managers, Regional Managers and Senior Directors with special projects.
The successful candidate for this position will be employed by the South West CCAC with a home office location in London. Periodic travel throughout the South West region will be required.
To apply for this position, state the position’s job title in the subject line of your email and send with your résumé to email@example.com. Application deadline is December 27, 2013.
We thank all applicants who take the time to apply. However, only those invited for an interview will be contacted. We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds.