Community Care Access Centres (CCACs) are publicly funded health care agencies dedicated to getting people the home care and community care they need to stay well, heal at home and stay safely in their homes longer.
The South West Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) serves 60,000 people each year, across a vast region from Tobermory in the north to Long Point and Port Glasgow in the south. Our role is to get people the home and community care they need to stay well, heal at home and stay safely in their homes longer. We also help people transition through the system and to other living arrangements. We do it by working in partnership with clients, families, providers, community organizations, and others.
Position: Executive Assistant
Working with the Senior Director of Client Services, the Executive Assistant provides assistance and coordinates support to the Senior Director of the South West CCAC. Areas of responsibility include effectively prioritizing and researching issues; coordinating the preparation and/or edit of business materials such as letters, mass emails, memos, and presentations; organizing meetings; planning and organizing the Senior Director’s schedule, appointments, reservations and travel arrangements; and reviewing and prioritizing all incoming correspondence and taking appropriate action.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Client Services, you will:
- Receive notification on confidential issues, inform the Senior Director, conduct background research, and provide a summary of the facts.
- Reviews, analyzes and provides edits to legal documents and contracts.
- Provide lead administrative support for a number of committees as well as support quality improvement initiatives related to committee work with the South West Hospice Palliative Care Network.
- Act as a liaison in matters involving committees or staff that report directly to the Senior Director.
- Prioritize and manage the Senior Director’s calendar, set up meetings on their behalf and resolve scheduling conflicts.
- Handle logistics for travel, accommodation, seminars, and organization-wide meetings and events.
- Directly respond or coordinate response to requests for information from internal/external parties.
- Initiate and monitor a work plan and carry out a variety of special projects, research, consultations or assignments and develop recommendations for the Senior Director and other committees as appropriate.
- Provide support to the South West Hospice Palliative Care Network’s social media mediums (Twitter, Facebook, website, etc.).
Your qualifications and experience will include:
- Two years in a specialized business training program.
- Three years of experience in a senior administrative role working with senior executives (e.g., knowledge of the formal and informal protocols and methods of supporting executive-level positions).
- Ability to use a variety of software programs, including South West CCAC-specific databases and programs in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate information from a variety of sources into effective briefing material, reports, summaries and work plan.
- Highly adaptable with the ability to respond to rapidly shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Initiative and self-managing skills to work independently with minimal direction and to respond effectively to issues that arise.
The successful candidate for this position will be employed by the South West CCAC with a preferred home office location in London. Regular travel throughout the South West region will be required.
To apply for this position, state the position’s job title in the subject line of your email and send with your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is Monday, December 16, 2013.
We thank all applicants who take the time to apply. However, only those invited for an interview will be contacted. We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds.