National Recognition for Excellence
TORONTO, December 16, 2013: Toronto Central CCAC is pleased to announce that today the organization has been awarded 'Accreditation with Exemplary Standing' following an intensive third-party review process by Accreditation Canada.
The four day, independent process included a rigorous review of the organization, including home and hospital site visits, interviews with a range of staff and external stakeholders and policy reviews.
"I am very proud of the staff and hard work of our front line nurses, pharmacists, care coordinators and all our partners in care who helped us achieve this important milestone. Our work in quality improvement is never done and I am excited that our work to date has been recognized. This shows us we are on the right path as we continue to challenge ourselves to always look at quality through the eyes of our clients and caregivers," commented CEO Stacey Daub. "Through dedication, commitment and team effort, we met or exceeded national standards and requirements of excellence related to health care, from client safety and ethics, to staff governance and partnering with the community. I am pleased for this national acknowledgment of our hard work and value to the sector."
Among many positive comments, the surveyors noted:
- "Toronto Central CCAC is commended for having a client centred culture at every level of the organization and in their recognition of our clients' right to choose the care options that are right for them. "
- "We will drive the highest possible care integration for our client populations who need it the most" is a lived practice throughout the organization. The staff is commended for working "as one team for our clients and caregivers."
The Board and Leadership were commended for building a culture quality and safety that sees every person in the organization responsible for making things better for their clients and community. The Toronto Central CCAC would like to acknowledge and thank our many clients and caregivers, providers, and partners who participated in and supported us through our Accreditation Survey.
About Toronto Central CCAC
Toronto Central CCAC connects people across Toronto with quality in-home and community-based health care. We provide information, direct access to qualified care providers and community-based services to help people come home from hospital or live independently at home. In any given month we serve a population of nearly 1.5 million residents of the Toronto area with their care needs in the community. In any given month Toronto Central CCAC supports:
- More than 19,000 people of all ages, cultures and backgrounds
- 1,700 kids getting support at their schools
- 400 adults receiving rehabilitation services
- 23,000 information and referral inquiries
- The transition to a long-term care home for 240 clients
- 600 individuals to die at home with dignity
- Saving 1000s of hospital days by transitioning 7,000 clients home for care