Making the decision to move to a long-term care home is a life-changing step for you and your family. It's important that you have all of the information you need to choose the home that is right for you. There are many things to consider, including the level of care you require, location, availability and cost.
Your Care Coordinator can help you think through your decision. If you are able, we recommend that you and your family visit the homes you are interested in and ask questions before making a final decision.
Each person who applies for long-term care may choose up to five (5) homes anywhere in Ontario, in order of preference. These decisions will help determine the amount of time a person waits for long-term care. If you need care urgently, you are able to add more homes to your choice list. If you move to a home that is not your first choice, you may stay on the waiting list for your first choice.
For more information, please speak with your Care Coordinator at 310-2222. We're here to help.
As you make your decision, here's some information to keep in mind:
- There are 36 long-term care homes in Waterloo Wellington
When reviewing the information below, please keep in mind:
- Each individual may chose up to five homes. People may also be interested in more than one type of bed or accommodation (i.e., basic, semi-private and/or private) in any given home. This means that one person may be represented on multiple wait lists.
- The number of days waited are presented as the experience of nine out of 10 people. You may wait for a longer or shorter period of time, depending on your circumstances and the number of available beds.
- The numbers fluctuate based on a variety of factors; your Care Coordinator can provide you with information about the options that may best meet your individual needs.
- Each person who applies for long-term care is assigned a priority category. The priority category of each person on the wait list also affects wait times.
View Waterloo Wellington Wait Times »