WATERLOO – The Board of Directors of the CCAC is pleased to announce that the organization has been awarded 'Accreditation with Commendation' following an intensive review process.
The CCACs participation in Accreditation Canada's Qmentum accreditation program, included a 3 day on-site survey in early November. Accreditation Canada is an independent, not-for-profit organization that sets standards for quality and safety in health care and accredits health organizations in Canada and around the world.
Accreditation surveyors visited CCAC to assess its leadership, governance, and clinical services against Accreditation Canada requirements for quality and safety. The Accreditation Canada Survey Team met with clients, staff, Board members, and community partners, reviewed documentation and made rounds to local offices and hospital sites. The survey results concluded that 96.8% of quality and safety criteria assessed were met, in addition to all applicable Required Organizational Practices.
The organizational strengths noted by the surveyors included a clear culture of safety for clients and staff, collaborative partnership, competent staff members, and increasing use of technology.
"This is an objective affirmation of our commitment to quality and safety for our patients," says CCAC CEO Gordon Milak.
CCAC Board Chair Michael Delisle added "Meeting or exceeding over 96% of national standards of excellence demonstrates that all levels of the organization are committed to the safest care possible for those we serve."
Highlights from the Accreditation Canada report:
- "The focus on quality, safety and innovation is clearly seen in the WWCCAC's strategic and operational planning. The organization is responsive to evolving client and community needs."
- "The CCAC is developing positive, open and collaborative partnerships with the Local Health Integration Network, as well as with key stakeholder groups in the community."
- "The organization places emphasis on a quality, safe workplace for staff"
- "At all levels of the organization, CCAC has a dedicated, competent and caring staff complement that advocate for their clients in program development, system improvements and direct care availability."
- "Timely, safe and quality service is a priority. The CCAC places emphasis on being responsive to the health and safety needs of the client and family. It is evident that staff members are fully focused on the needs of the client and have the tools and structures to support quality care."