Waterloo Wellington Community Care Access Centre
Notice of CUPE Job Vacancy
|Date of Posting: June 17, 2013||Posting: 14/C/40|
|Closing Date: June 23, 2013||Union: CUPE|
|Classification: Financial Analyst / Temporary Full Time for up to a year ||Rate of Pay: $23.44 to $27.58 /hour |
|Initial Assignment: 141 Weber Street, Waterloo, regular day shift. Provides relief at CCAC locations or teams as required.|||
- Participatory problem-solving and shared ownership and accountability for
decisions and solutions.
- Maintains numerous spread sheets and prepares budget forecast report
- Processes transactions e.g. receiving, bank, and payroll.
- Responsible for reconciliation and analysis of financial data.
- Responsible for billings and reconciliations.
- Compiles and distributes reports e.g. internal statements, market share.
- Assist in month end and yearend reporting and variance analysis.
- Prepares monthly accruals and analyze.
- Assist in yearend audit activities e.g. working papers.
- Back up and support for accounts payable.
- Takes all reasonable steps to ensure a healthy and safe work environment and participates in continuous quality improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of grade 12, plus post-secondary diploma program in accounting (e.g. CMA, CGA Level 1 or 2) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two to three years relevant financial office experience.
- Proficient in the operation of a personal computer in a networked environment using computer software and data entry skills.
- Expertise in advanced spread sheets (eg Excel) and report writing (eg Crystal)
- Knowledge of Quadrant (Great Plains) financial accounting system is an asset
- Human relations skills to relate with tact and courtesy to staff, clients and staff of external agencies.
- Able to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats with internal staff and external clients.
- Knowledge of office systems, procedures and business practices.
- French fluency preferred.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #14/C/40 before 4:30 p.m. on June 23, 2014 to Human Resources (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: 519 883 5525). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON CCAC IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.