Waterloo Wellington Community Care Access Centre
Notice of CUPE Job Vacancy
|Date of Posting: July 18, 2014||Posting: 14/C/46|
|Closing Date: July 24, 2014||Union: CUPE|
Classification: Team Assistant – Full-time
|Rate of Pay: $19.71 - $22.37|
Initial Assignment: CISS; 141 Weber St, Waterloo, ON, Regular Day Shift.
Provides relief at CCAC locations or teams as required.
- Processing new referrals, including data entry of client information;
- Responding appropriately to incoming phone calls and inquiries as directed by triage decision making tree;
- Updating and maintaining current client information and records in CHRIS database, including client's service bookings;
- Assembling and maintaining files of pertinent client information; verifying that all relevant documents have been completed and filed;
- Booking home visits and client conferences as needed;
- Processing letters, client applications and other client forms;
- Preparing client reports for Care Coordinators/Placement Coordinators as required;
- Generating reports and labels from CHRIS;
- Reviewing and investigating SAFs;
- Securing and/or shredding confidential documents as required;
- Transcribing, copying and distributing letters, memos and conference reports using word processing software and other equipment;
- Other duties as required.
- Successful completion of grade 12, plus an additional program of up to one year in duration;
- Two to three years of relevant administrative office experience;
- Knowledge or experience in medical terminology an asset;
- Understanding of available community resources, services and the roles of health care professionals, hospital and support workers;
- Proficient in the operation of a personal computer in a networked environment using computer software and data entry skills;
- Able to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats with internal staff and external clients;
- Knowledge of office systems, procedures and business practices;
- Able to work effectively in a team based setting, strong planning and organizational skills, along with the ability to multi-task and respond to changing priorities, and to work independently;
- Able to relate effectively with sensitivity, tact and discretion to clients, family members, staff and the public, along with ability to maintain confidentiality.
- French fluency preferred.
This position may be assigned other shifts, including weekend rotation, as well as any of our work locations.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #14/C/46 before 4:30 p.m. on July 24, 2014 to Human Resources (e-mail: email@example.com). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.