Waterloo Wellington Community Care Access Centre
Notice of CUPE Job Vacancy
|Date of Posting: March 5, 2015||Posting: 15/C/08|
|Closing Date: March 11, 2015||Union: CUPE|
|Position: IT Business Analyst |
FTE: 1.0 – Full-time
Rate of Pay: $28.65 - $32.59
|Initial Assignment: 140 Weber Street, Waterloo, Regular Day Shift.|||
A business analyst is responsible for identifying the business needs of their clients and stakeholders, to help determine solutions to business problems. They typically have a high degree of industry experience, and perform a liaison function to internal stakeholders or other external service providers. In consultation with business experts and managers in the CCAC, the business analysts on the information technology team collect and document business requirements for the development / acquisition of new automated tools, and enhancements to existing tools. They provide support to CCACs on business processes relating to the applications supported by the team.
NATURE & SCOPE:
- Apply analytical skills to high level business requests / needs, to determine what the business requires and if these requests are consistent with each other
- Consult with CCAC stakeholders on their business processes / requirements
- Understand the requirements from the business perspective, translate them into ability statements, sub requirements, functions and tasks, etc
- Provide analysis in any of these areas as needed by the particular project / request:
business / subject knowledge, IT capabilities, feasibilities, cost/benefit, relevance, data analysis, dependencies across other business / project areas
- Prepare business documentation deliverables
- Develops and makes presentations to management, staff and external partners
- Be an expert resource and liaison to the various CCAC Divisions
- Assist in SMA process – propose and guide new enhancement requests
- Work with stakeholders as part of the process development and testing cycle
- Create test plans from business requirements and technical specifications, including test case for each use case
- Prepare documentation related to training, application operation, data standards and releases
- Other duties as required
- College / University degree in and experience in the following business / health / computer science (candidates with equivalent experience and certification may be considered)
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience gathering and documenting business requirements for large enterprise software applications, or equivalent
- Excellent business and information analysis skills
- Understanding and experience in documenting business requirements and artefacts, including UML diagrams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, business writing and presentation skills
- Advanced skills in MS Office components
- Broad understanding of the business of CCACs and associated software environments
- In-depth understanding of business processes within client services and the interaction with other CCAC departments
- Demonstrated knowledge of the functional capabilities and information collected in a client information system
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team towards shared goals
- Strong sense of self-direction and goal setting, combined with time management skills
This position may be assigned other shifts, including weekend rotation, as well as any of our work locations.
WWCCAC strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #15/C/08 before 4:30 p.m. on March 11, 2015 to Human Resources (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: 519 883 5525). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON CCAC IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.