Waterloo Wellington Community Care Access Centre
Notice of CUPE Job Vacancy
|Date of Posting: October 29, 2015||Posting: 15/C/30|
|Closing Date: November 4, 2015||Union: CUPE|
Intake & Referral Assistant
Temporary Full-time FTE 1.0, up to 12
|Rate of Pay: $23.34 - $26.54/hour|
|Initial Assignment: |
141 Weber Street, Waterloo ON
Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, plus additional weekends if required. Provides relief at CCAC locations or teams as required.
- Answering and screening initial incoming phone calls according to appropriate policy & procedures; while striving to minimize the number of subsequent transfers and contacts;
- Conducting information searches using multiple resources based on client/caller needs;
- Providing general information to callers regarding community health and social service agencies; and linking callers to other agencies when appropriate;
- Gathering pertinent information from callers to assist with Case Manager triage decisions;
- Entering and verifying client records in intake database;
- Documenting and tracking calls as appropriate;
- Supporting daily administrative and operational activities of the Information and Referral Centre;
- Sharing knowledge and learned information with other team members to assist them in effectively meeting information and referral objectives;
- Preparing reports as required and identifying the need for updates.
- Mentoring new staff; acts as a resource to other staff to assist in orientation, implementing change and problem solving;
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum two years previous experience in similar or related position preferably in the health, social or community service field.
- Two – three year post-secondary diploma preferably in health, social or community services, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Information & Referral Specialist is a requirement or commitment to obtain certification within a 1 year period; medical terminology required.
- Proficiency in French required.
- Proficient in the operation of a personal computer in a networked environment using computer software, data entry skills and keyboarding skills.
- Ability to conduct information searches using multiple resources; e.g. internet, data bases, etc.
- Proficient with various software programs and databases, including Access, to generate reports and create presentations.
- Excellent listening, information seeking and problem-solving skills; ability to resolve difficult situations with poise
- Able to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to use interviewing skills to identify and respond to unique needs of individual callers.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy and sensitivity to the feelings and issues experienced by callers.
- Customer service skills; ability to maintain a positive attitude in a stressful situation.
- Ability to prioritize important and urgent situations with sound judgment.
- Excellent knowledge of health, social and community resources.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team member.
- Proven ability to prioritize work, multi-task, and function well under pressure.
- This position may be assigned other shifts, including weekend rotation, as well as any of our work locations.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #15/C/30 before 4:30 p.m. on Nov 4, 2015 to Human Resources (e-mail: email@example.com).
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON CCAC IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.