Initial Assignment: 141 Weber Street South, Waterloo, Regular Day
Provides relief at other CCAC locations or teams as required.
Reporting to the Client Services Manager, Mental Health and Addictions at a CCAC, you will be assigned to a district school board to advise educators, develop individual care plans in collaboration with other professionals and assist boards in developing strategies to address mental health and addiction needs.
Responsibilities will include: assisting school boards in recognizing and responding to student mental health and addiction issues; providing services and support to students with mild to complex mental health and substance abuse issues; developing plans for clients with mental health and addiction needs including the transition of students back to school from hospitalization; providing support or intervention for issues such as self-harm or treatment refusal. You will also play a key role in helping students and/or parents' access services such as family health and/or addictions agencies.
- direct clinical experience in providing mental health and/or addictions services for children and youth
- knowledge of the mental health and addictions service system for children and youth
- solid knowledge of health care related legislation and practices
- advanced assessment and diagnostic reasoning skills
- ability to work independently
- effective interpersonal and communications skills
- Registered Nurse and relevant related experience
- current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- proficiency in the use of a personal computer in a windows networked environment, using Word and database software
- must have valid driver's license and access to a vehicle
- ability to travel throughout Waterloo Region and Wellington County is required
- proficiency in French may be a requirement in specific service areas; Fluency in French language preferred
This position may be required to provide relief at other CCAC locations or teams as needed and may be part of the on call rotation as per the provisions of the ONA collective agreement.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #15/0/07 before 4:30 p.m. on March 5, 2015 to Human Resources (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON CCAC IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.