Initial Assignment: 73 Water Street North, Cambridge, Regular
Day Shift. Provides relief at CCAC locations or teams as
Reporting to the Manager of Client Services, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Assisting clients to navigate through a complex health care system by connecting people to an appropriate family health care provider and to facilitate cataract treatment within 182 days ( Cataract Wait time Guarantee –CWTG )
- Maintaining contact with patients in the LHIN Health Care Connect priority list to keep them informed about prospects of attachment
- Providing information and referral assistance to patients to access alternative primary care and other community resources including referring clients to CCAC for in-home or placement services or community support services as appropriate
- Supporting patients who face a longer wait time in continuing their effects to find an appropriate provider during the attachment process
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with the LHIN, local health agencies, primary health care providers and other appropriate agencies
- Building and maintaining an inventory of primary health care providers who are available to accept new patients in the WWLHIN
- Providing program interpretation/education to hospital and community agency staff, long term care facilities, physicians, clients and families about the Care Connector service
- Providing resource case management and team backup as part of the Cambridge Community Team
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Membership in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse. Proven skills in the areas of case management, assessment, communication, interviewing, problem solving, interpersonal relations and leadership within a team based setting are required. Minimum of one year of community case management experience is preferred. The ability to work independently in a highly organized manner is required. This position also requires proficiency in the use of a personal computer in a windows networked environment, using Word and database software. The ability to travel throughout Waterloo Wellington LHIN area is required.
This position may be required to provide relief at other CCAC locations or teams as needed and may be part of the stand-by rotation as per the provisions of the ONA collective agreement.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting 15/0/58 before 4:30 p.m. on August 27, 2012 to Human Resources (e-mail: email@example.com). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON CCAC IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.