Waterloo Wellington Community Care Access Centre
Notice of Administrative Job Vacancy
|Date of Posting: May 21, 2015||Posting: 15/A/01|
|Closing Date: June 4, 2015 ||Union: Non-Union |
Position: Supervisor of Decision Support (Team Lead)
|FTE: 1.0 – Full Time|
|Initial Assignment: 140 Weber Street, Waterloo ON. Regular Day Shift.|||
The Decision Support, Team Lead is committed to providing outstanding care – every person – every day. This role will exhibit the following values: Person-centered, accountable, collaborative, respectful and innovative. In collaboration with portfolio team members, the individual is responsible to drive an action-oriented quality and patient safety culture where patient experience reflects the organization's vision of "Outstanding care – every person, every day".
Reporting to the Director, Decision Support and Medical Records this position acts as a coach to team members and provides support to decision makers by providing analysis and recommendations on reports, data and, information and often making recommendations.
NATURE & SCOPE:
- Provides integrated financial, statistical and clinical information to support evidence-based decision-making
- Analyzes current and future trends, practices, etc. and provides input into the development of financial and utilization forecasts based on estimates of community need
- Integrates and provides analysis of financial, statistical, and clinical information to support management and staff decision making
- Performs analysis of indicators to provide recommendation for improvement to maximize and support client care in a fair, equitable, and cost effective manner
- Serves as an advisor and consultant to internal and external stakeholders in the area of decision support, including but not limited to financial and client care trends and development of labour relations, proposals and negotiations.
- Presents analysis and summaries using verbal and written communications
- Manages own and team member project timelines by coordinating work to meet agreed upon timelines
- Acts as a resource for team member questions
- Anticipates information needs, utilizing appropriate needs assessment methodology
- Identifies gaps in current information availability, accessibility and defines/implements solutions to close the gaps
- Utilizes appropriate methodology to develop and implement benchmarking approaches and assists with the dissemination of pertinent information throughout the organization
- Optimizes the use of already collected data (provincial and national) as well as identifying new data elements to enhance information for decision-making
- Develops and/or uses data reporting tools to query and transform raw data into useful information
- Ensures and monitors compliance regarding data requirements, data analysis and information dissemination to meet external regulatory requirements, and the internal needs of the organization
- Participates in the implementation and maintenance of Web based tools, Resource Allocation Tools, organizational scorecards and other tools that support effective decision making
- Responsible for data collection, analyzing and interpreting information to assist others to make informed decisions regarding CCAC/programs.
- Provides recommendations based on analysis of information
- Four-year undergraduate degree in accounting, financial, information management or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Four to five years relevant on the job experience
- Expert in financial and statistical analysis
- Experience in leading and managing projects with successful timely completion
- Demonstrated experience in leading/coaching team members in a professional environment
- Knowledge of MIS financial and statistical reporting submissions to MOH
- Experience writing summaries and reports in language understood by varying departments
- Experience in querying databases or report creation using tools such as SQL, Crystal Reports or SQL Business Intelligence Development Studio
- Demonstrated experience with statistical and business intelligence software such as SAS, SSIS an asset
- Demonstrated experience with working with data cubes an asset
- Analytical skills related to data, business process and reports
- Knowledge of lean principles and/or business process benchmarking
- Knowledge of office systems, procedures and business practices
- Strong planning and organizational skills as well as attention to detail
- Attention to quality and continually seeks to understand customer requirements and improve quality of service delivery
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
WWCCAC strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #15/A/01 before 4:30 p.m. on June 4, 2015 to Human Resources (e-mail: email@example.com). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON CCAC IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.