Waterloo Wellington Community Care Access Centre
Notice of Administrative Job Vacancy
|Date of Posting: July 7, 2015 ||Posting: 15/A/10|
|Closing Date: July 14, 2015 ||Union: Non-Union |
Position: Integrated Client Services Manager
|FTE: 1.0 – Full-time |
|Initial Assignment: Patient Services / 141 Weber Street, Waterloo ON initially but note that this position may be subject to a location change. Regular Day Shift.|||
The integrated manager Client Services and Discharge Planning will provide corporate leadership in the effective discharge of patients from CMH. Reporting to both CCAC and CMH she/he will be the link between the 2 organizations supporting a seamless transition between hospital and community. The integrated manager will directly lead the CCAC care coordination teams, support the work of the interdisciplinary care teams within CMH and liaise with the relevant community support teams.
This position requires a high level of independence and is expected to provide the leadership to ensure that objectives of the CCAC/CMH are met.
NATURE & SCOPE:
- Plans, manages , and evaluates the delivery of discharge planning processes from CMH emergency department and inpatient units through a broad subordinate structure including personnel assigned by the WW CCAC and CMH
- Liaise with hospital clinical teams, and support departments
- Works closely with the assigned management personnel and interdisciplinary teams of CMH to ensure the philosophy of Home First is imbedded in those processes
- Participates as required with CMH program leadership with respect to utilization /quality indicators in Senior Quality Team (Quarterly Reviews)
- Manages Client Services teams involving recruitment, selection, coaching counselling and performance management.
- Provides direction to staff regarding care coordination issues.
- Identifies staff and team training and skill development needs.
- Participates in budget development and monitoring and operational planning for the Division.
- Monitors client outcomes through the use of standardized tools.
- Participates in interagency meetings and committees to promote an integrated approach to service delivery.
- Collaborates with community stakeholders and interprets policies of the CCAC and CMH to clients and/or their caregivers, and health care stakeholders.
- Provides primary contact for client/family complaints or issues not resolved by the care coordinator or CMH team member.
- Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of programs for client services.
- Provides direction to staff related to legislation, policies and directives.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 to 5 years management experience working within a unionized healthcare environment
- Knowledge of CCAC and CMH priorities, policies, practices and service standards an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation governing health care delivery
- Knowledge of direct care/care coordination models used in community health care
- Knowledge of local client service area health care needs and services
- Working knowledge of financial and statistical reporting
- Knowledge of quality improvement principles and processes
- Knowledge of legislation governing health care activities in Ontario
- Interpersonal, analytical, communication and diplomacy skills required
This position is included in the Manager, Client Services on-call rotation schedule.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #15/A/10 before 4:30 p.m. on July 14, 2015 to Human Resources (e-mail: email@example.com). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON CCAC IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.